05 - all i ever do is think about you

Gracie sat at her piano, playing a melancholy melody, she had wrote a few lyrics over the past few weeks but the song was yet to finish. It's felt almsot like she didn't want to finish it. Because even though it was her that ended things with Blakely, part of her didn't want to except it.

The twenty four year old glanced down at her hand, the ring Blakley had givin her in Paris was still adorned on her finger. Her eyes had begun to gloss over.

"These sapphires are twins. It was split from the same stone." Blakely ghost echoed in Gracie's head. The singer could almost feel the warmth of Blakely and her hand holding her own. Both of them staring at the ring. "I did a lot of research and it said that it was super rare. Kinda like us. I think it's rare to love someone as deeply and beautifully as we love each other."

A bell dinged through the house pulling her out of her head. She stood up, pushing the stool of the piano back as she walked out. Weenie stood by the door, dinging a bell signaling that he needed out. Something Gracie had taught her fur baby.

"Sorry buddy, I'm coming" Gracie said, whiping her eyes dry as she opened the door for him, letting him run out to do his business.

Gracie stood by the door, watching her baby run around happily. She smiled softly to herself. Gracie was flying out later in the night to Paris. She had been invited to a fashion show for Valentino. There was something about having to put on a brave face and smile that had her anxiety through the roof.

You might say, well it's just one day. A fashion show and maybe an after party or two. Just don't go to the places you went with Blakely. Especially the Eiffel Tower. It will be fine. But that was just the issue. How could she not think of Blakely, especially while she was in Paris. But then right after Paris, Gracie was going back to LA for a Prada event. Then a few days after that she was going to an Oscar's after party. All these things were commitments she made prior to the break up.

The worst part about the whole thing was that Blakely was going to be at the Oscar's after party. And as far as Gracie knew, Jenna would be there too.

This had been eating at Gracie since the moment she found out. Were Blakely and Jenna going to show up together? Would Blakely ignore Jenna completely. Better yet, would Blakely say anything to Gracie or would the blonde girl look straight through her.
They hadn't announced their breakup publicly yet, but Gracie and Blakely not talking at the party would practically confirm that to everyone at the party, then next that would leak to the world.

But still, as fucked up as it seemed because it was gracie that told Blakely to go. She didn't want it to be real. She didn't want the fact that Blakely cheated to be real either.

"Bark!" Once again, weenie pulled Gracie out of her head. She blinked away her thoughts, shutting the door behind the golden retriever wiener dog mix as he ran into their home.

"Hey! When do you leave tonight" Audrey asked Gracie when the singer walked into the kitchen.

"Um, I need to be to the airport in... two hours." Gracie said looking down at her phone.

"Do you want me to take you?" The girls best friend asked with a soft smile.

"If you could that'd be great ya." Gracie said, trying to smile at her best friend

"Ok, just let me know when your ready." Audrey said, munching on a bagel.

Gracie nodded and mumbled out a soft "ok thank you" before returning to her room to finish gathering her things.