07 - joyride

"Holy shit. There she is" Cari said with a smile, standing outside of her car at the airport. Blakely laughed lightly and shook her head softly, dragging her suitcase behind her.

"Long time no see." Blakely said as Cari wrapped her arms around her waist in a gentle yet warm and welcoming hug. One that she quickly returned, missing the little bit of physical touch Cari gave her.

"Three days was way to fucking long" the older girl joked

"Yeah way too long" Blakely went along with Cari's antics, smiling when she pulled back.

Cari opened the trunk for blakely, letting the girl put het luggage in the car. They both got into the car and merged into the aggressive LAX traffic.

"You look tired" Cari began, sparking up a conversation. But it was true, the bags under blakelys eyes were dark.

"I haven't been sleeping good again." Blakely looking too Cari, the jersey girl sat with one leg propped up every so slightly. She had on hand on the steering wheel, the other resting in her lap.

"So are we taking a nap when we get to my place?" Cari glanced over at Blakely.

"We can try." The blonde girl really hadn't been sleeping good for the last month, but over the last few days it had gotten worse. Maybe it was just because she was going back to LA. This would be the first time she was back since the breakup. And everything here reminded her of Gracie.

When they pulled into the 405 Blakely had to shut her eyes, her head tilting in. Not wanting memories to flood back to her.

Instead she focused on the Cari's voice. She was signing quietly to a song Blakely didn't recognize. It was beautiful though. Soft and gentle with violins playing gently in the background.

The drive to Caris LA home wasn't a very long one, sadly Blakely was all too familiar with the area that Cari lived in. She had just never been to this specific part.

The LA sun was warm, beaming down onto the city. Cari helped Blakely out of the car, grabbing her suitcase for her and letting her into her home.

"It's very Cari in here." Blakely said with a smile as she walked into the bright and warm home that was Cari's. "I mean that as a compliment by the way."

"I'm glad you think so" Cari set blakelys suitcase by the couch "so, you wanna watch a movie and try to nap? We can go do something later tonight out on the town if you wanted too?"

"That sounds perfect" Blakely said with a yawn.

"Are you good just watching it in my room?" Cari asked nervously, scared that Blakely might be against the idea.

"No that's fine, I really would love to lay down anyway." Blakely said kicking her shoes off.

"Ok, let's go get comfortable" Cari said, gesturing for Blakely to follow her.

The pair laid down, Cari turned on Jennifer's body, not sure what else to watch. Blakelys sat with her back pressed against the head board, her eyes fluttered down but would pop back open. Cari kept looking at the actress from the corner of her eye and noticed her struggling.

"Come here angel" Cari almost whispered as she slid down her bed so she would be laying a bit flatter and opened her arms. Blakely didn't think twice, letting her body move into Cari's. She wrapped her arms around Caris body, laying her head on the girls chest. The older girl threaded her fingers into Blakelys hair, gently scratching her scalp. A sigh left blakelys lips, Cari could almost feel the girl's muscles relax. Within minutes blakelys was out cold.

That was the first time in nearly a month that Blakely had fallen sleep that fast.

The whole movie played through, Cari staying awake for the whole movie, but she found herself admiring the sleeping girl on her chest more often then not. She felt horrible for her. Going through heartbreak like this was hard. And the circumstances of it made it even worse.