09 - in search of the antidote

TW: implied sexual content (not involving Gracie)

For the third time that night, blakleys phone buzzed while Gracie's face lit up the screen. And for the third time that night, Blakely hit ignore. The actress had never felt rage like this before, never felt so ignored when all she wanted, was to to be wanted.

Gracie's words broke her, shattered her like glass but not in the ways you would expect. It only made Blakely want to throw herself into Cari's arms. Cari could take the pain away, something she learned alcohol couldn't do.

"Are you ever going to answer that?" Cari asked, taking a bit out of her pancakes. The pair were sitting side by side in a booth at some random dinner. They were the only people in there, even the waitress had disappeared into the back. It was around 3 am after all.

"Nope" Blakely popped the p while taking her phone and turning it off completely. "How are your pancakes?"

"Fucking delicious" Cari spoke with her mouth full, causing the words to me mushed up. Blakely laughed warmly at Cari who was staring at her with a chipmunk like smile, her cheeks puffed out a bit from her food. Blakely put her hand on the jersey girls thigh, squeezing gently while she shook her head. "What?"

"You're cute." Blakely shrugged gently before taking another bite of her food, her hand staying on Cari's thigh. The brunette girl felt the blood rush to her cheeks, quickly looking away and sipping her water.

The dinner was quite for a few seconds before Cari turned to blakely. "If I kiss you will it be awkward again?" She spoke quickly, almost as if she didn't want Blakely to hear it. Blakley just smiled and shook her head.

"No, not at all." Blakely looked into Cari's eyes, waiting for her to make the first movie.

Cari looked around the empty restaurant, it was still just them in there. Her hand reached up and she gently cupped Blakelys cheek and leaned in.

When their lips met, there was a moment were both girls froze before deepening the kiss. Blakely let her fingers slide into Cari's hair at the bottom of her neck, tilting her head just a bit. The older woman grabbed the blondes thigh, pulling her body closer.

The kiss didn't last much longer before a smile broke out over Cari's lips, causing one to form on blakelys. They sat with there foreheads pressed together, there eyes closed before Cari let out a small breathy laugh.

"You taste like syrup" Cari said licking her lips and opening her eyes. Blakely opened her eyes laughing gently as she brushed her thumb against caris soft bottom lip

"Huh, I wonder why?" Blakely tilted her head just a bit, teasing like normal.

"Beats me." Cari said with a laugh. Blakely leaned in, stealing another quick kiss. The Jersey girl let out a small hum this time, quickly kissing the girl back. "Are you done eating? Can we go?"

"Yeah I'm done" Blakely said pulling away from the girl. It was almost as if the waitress had heard them, walking out of the back. Yet it was just purely coincidence

"How are you ladies doing, need anything?" She asked with a soft smile

"Can we get the check?" Cari asked, her hand softly squeezing Blakely upper thigh.

"Yeah let me go get that really fast. Do you want me to split it or is it all going on the same check?" The woman asked

"Same check" Cari quickly answered. The woman nodded and walked off. Blakelt reached for her wallet but Cari quickly stopped it. "It's fine I've got it"

Blakely huffed and pulled out a fifty dollar bill. "Fine but I'm leaving the tip" Cari just shook her head and smiled softly.

Both of the girls got out of the booth after paying. Cari holding out her hand for Blakely to take, which she gladly did, locking their fingers together.