06 - serial heartbreaker

Blakely felt herself begin to wake up, her eyes fighting the weight of her eyelids, still heavy with sleep. A weight was on-top of her, arms wrapped around her torso. A head was tucked away in the crook of her neck. Brunette hair was fanned across the girls face.

Blakely let out a small sigh, letting her cheek rest against the top of Cari's head. Over the course of the last few days, either Cari had been at her place or vise versa.

Earlier in the day, Cari had talked Blakely into going to a meditation class, so they had done that before going back to blakleys place. The blonde cooked for both of them again while they had a hunger games movie marathon.

Cari's presents in blakelys life had helped the girl in more ways than one. The Jersey girl had been helping Blakely get out of the dumps. She wasn't drinking as much as she was before, the brunette was always handing her a cup of water or tea. Besides that, Cari's smile and laugh took away the urge to drink, Blakely wanted to be present in the moments she spent with her. It was to the point where the younger girl looked at Cari like a best friend.

Of course Blakely though the woman was gorgeous, and maybe if she wasn't still madly in love with Gracie still, she'd try and pursue Cari. But that wasn't how her world was working at the moment. Besides, Blakely promised to wait for Gracie and she intended on keeping that promise.

It was still dark out, well as dark as it could be in New York. Blakely had fallen asleep toward the beginning of the last movie, she assumed Cari must have too. The tv had shut itself off at this point leaving nothing but the city's blinding lights to illuminate the front room.

Blakely stared at there reflection in the tv, Cari was sound asleep, she almost felt bad for wanting to wake her. The blonde girl didn't want the singer too leave, at least she didn't have to if she didn't want too. There's always the guest room, or even sharing Blakelys bed.

"Cari" Blakely whispered to the woman and got no reaction, not even a flinch. Blakely chewed the inside of her cheek gently, thinking about how to wake the girl without freaking her out or embarrassing her due to how close they were. "Hey Cari." Blakely gently dragged her hands down Cari's back, her loose shirt moving with the actresses hand.

The older woman started to move, her arms wrapping underneath blakelys back and slipping just under her shirt as she yawned.

"Hello sleeping beauty" Blakely laughed as Caris sleepy brown eyes looked up to meet blakelys deep blue ones.

"Fuck, sorry." Cari groaned, pushing herself away from the younger girl, sitting up in her lap. A light shade of pink covered her face due to how close they just were.

"You're ok." Blakely quickly said as she stretched her arms up "I just wanted to wake you up to see if you were going to stay the night."

Cari cautiously moved from straddling blakelys legs while shaking her head no "I better not, I'm leaving for LA tomorrow." Once the girl finished talking, another yawn escaped her lips.

"I'm heading to LA soon too." Blakely spoke more to herself, she paused thinking for a second before just blurting out here thoughts. "I'm going to this oscars party, you should come with me."

"I don't want to intrude-" Cari started, shaking her head gently

"No, I want you there. You've been my rock and I've got a feeling it's going to be a rough night for me. I'd really like for you to be with me" Blakelys sat up, looking up at Cari with pleading doe eyes.