11 - she appears in dreams, chasing after me

Taylor walked into the living room, finding Gracie laying on her back on the floor. Her hands covering her eyes. Her knees where bent up, her short hair was fanned out.

"You alright down there?" Taylor asked, sipping on the wine she had in her hand.

"No" Gracie mumbled through her hands "yes" she instantly took back "I have no idea" she groaned. Taylor smiled softly

"That an extremely acceptable response." The tall woman stepped over Gracie's body, sitting down on the couch. She leaned forward, her elbows resting on her knees while she looked down to Gracie. The brunette looked up at the blonde woman, her eyes where slightly red and swollen. "How did it go?"

Gracie sighed and shook her head "it was a little awkward at first, then Cari was there and call her baby so... that's fucking wonderful" Gracie bit down on her bottom lip, her eyes drifting away from Taylor's blue ones. "But I was able to apologize and she said she missed me too before hanging up so, id say I'm really fucking lost."

Taylor watched as Gracie ran her hand over her face once again, groaning in frustration. "You're feelings are completely valid Gracie I hope you know that. This situation you are in is confusing and frustrating as fuck, I'd say your handling it very well." Taylor started. Gracie looked back at the older and a little too wise woman. "And look, you and Blakely will work things out. Regardless of Cari. And even if it just means you two are friends."

"Thank you Taylor." Gracie sat up, hugging her legs and looking up at the blonde woman.

"Of course. Now get off my floor, come up here." Taylor smiled down at Gracie, patting the spot next to her on the couch. For some reason the younger girl was always on Taylor's floor. Laying on the floor at that.

"Ok" Gracie got up, planting herself next to taylor on the couch. "You know what, I want to get my mind off things. Tell me about Travis." Gracie smiled warmly.

Taylor's cheeks got red as she shook her head "are you sure you want to talk about that?"

"Positive. I want to know about the man that's making my friend aka mother Taylor so damn happy"

A happy sigh left Taylor's lips. "Well, where to begin..."

Blakely walked back into the room, closing the balcony door behind her. Cari was sitting on the end of the bed, plate, she was mid bite, scrolling through the TV. Her hair was down and wet, wearing blakelys shirt and nothing else. The jersey girl looked over to Blakely and smiled

"Everything ok?" She asked, covering her mouth full of food while she spoke.

"Yeah, everything's good." Blakely smiled, she walked to Cari kissing her head before sitting down next to her and grabbing her plate of food.

"Was it your publicist?" Cari inquired, not in a nosey or intrusive way.

"No, it was Gracie actually." Blakely took a bite of her food, almost afraid Cari would be upset

"Really? What did she have to say?" The girl almost sounded worried, but not for the reason you'd think.

"She was apologizing" Blakely looked at Cari "just for everything she said and did."

"That's nice, I'm glad she reached out to you." Cari said with a warm smile "did you forgive her?"

"I didn't say it, but yeah. I think I do." Blakely couldn't help but smile back at Cari.

"That's good, I'm happy for you angel" Cari gently squeezed blakelys thigh before taking another bite of her food. In that moment Cari made a decision. One that couldn't be said out loud just yet.