Chapter 1. (Jacks pov)

March 17th 2009
Orlando,FL
3:28pm
I just finished my last day at this school, leaving my friends. Most of them weren't that nice anyway so I wasn't too bothered.
Seeing the for sale sign on my house weird, it was still for sale and not bought while we were moving to a different country tonight.
We are staying in a hotel because me and my brothers have to start school tomorrow while mom and dad unpack the house.
8:28am
I wake up and shower, put on black shorts and a leafs hoodie.
I was kinda nervous to start new, but I thought of it as a way to renew myself.
I was sitting alone eating my lunch, everyone seemed to have their own groups.
"Hi" a girl comes up and stands in front of the desk in front of me.
"Hi" I say back after swallowing my food, my momma told me never talk with my mouth full of food, especially a girl.
"I'm Stella" she has a cute smile on her face when she talks, always seems chipper and happy.
"I'm Jack" just Jack, not even Jackson.
"Can I have lunch with you" she asks, she seems nice. I was chewing so I just nodded my head and she sits in front of me.
"Are you new here? She asks
"Ye todays my first day, I just moved here" why did I say it like that, do you think she got the hint I'm new come on Jack.
"That's cool"
Is it? I mean kind of.
Lunch ended and it was recess, I was talking to one of the male teachers about Spider-Man because he had a Spider-Man shirt and I love spider man, the teacher had to go help a student go inside and I was stranded, but then I saw the girl I had lunch with in the sandbox, I was walking over when I saw her "friend" push her face first into the cement and onto the wood border. Is that seriously her friend?!
I stopped moving I didn't want to be weird but then I saw her run past me and sit on a bench, I watch her sit there for 10 seconds, when someone storms away from me or something I give them 10 seconds to calm down or breath and then I go and see.
She's crying.
"I saw what happened, are you ok?"
"Yea, I got the splinter out but my nose hurts a little"
"I know a lot about that, I play hockey and I tend to get hurt a lot"
"I play hockey too!" She starts to smile again, the magic smile.
"Really?! Me and my brothers play out in the stre we before dinner,you should join.tomorrow tho I have hockey till 5"

did I just ask out a girl on my first day in a new school.

"Ok" she says

SCORE!

We got to sit together the rest of the afternoon, her smile never letting down once.
Magic smile.

6:38pm
We are eating dinner and mom was talking about this girl who showed up at the door after school, her dad a minor heart attack but luckily they live next door, momma says she is my age but can't remember her name.
"Stella" Quinn says.
"Her name was Stella"
Was it, no it can't be?

May 12th 2010
I was excited for my birthday, especially since I get to celebrate with stel.
I'm waiting at the bus stop with Luke and he is on some nonsense about how "bananas are berrys" I don't know whether to believe him or not.
"Hey guys" I hear from my left.
"Hey stel" she told me a few days ago she finds it boring that no one has a nickname for her, so I made one, stel. Sometimes I call her steely because she is always stealing the puck from the other team when we play hockey.
"Hey Stella" Luke is basic and calls her by her actual name, not a lot happening in that 7 year old brain of his.
Me and stel were born about 15 minutes apart which is so funny, I know one day she will tease me, but wait until we aren't an inch different in height and I'm like 4.
She spends so much time with us, she's my best friend.
May 9th 2012
Me and stel are turning 11 in 4 days, I'm excited. Every year since 2010 we have had a birthday party together because we invite our group, but after when they leave, we always watch tangled and it gummy worms.
11:27 am
We are on our way to hockey, I like saying WE. We're always together and I like it that way, I don't want anyone to take her away.
Ever since we turned 10, I have seen her a little different, her hair has gotten longer, she got her braces on after me and somehow got them off before me too, I blame hockey.
I kind of wish she was the only girl on the team, I know those boys know how I feel without telling them, plus I know she is safe with them.
There is this other girl ally, she's in our group. She's nice and all but she's always messing up my hair and it's annoying I only let stel mess up my hair, I never get mad or annoyed with her, she does the same with me.
I was playing in the first period and stel was off, I noticed her dad wasn't here, sometimes I forget why and then i remember I had heard my parents and her dad talking about how every other Saturday at 12 he has treatment for his heart, she comes out for 2nd period and I tap her shoulder when I know she realized
"It's okay,there's a good reason"
We played great, I assisted her on a goal and then she assisted me on a goal, then cold each gave us an assist. We're a power duo out there it's crazy.