Chapter 8

The boys were out working out and I was laying out back in the sun.
I hear them come outside arguing about something stupid that I didn't want to hear.
I had my phone in the back pocket of my shorts and I sadly forgot my AirPods so I have to use some corded ear buds plugged in, those I strung through the inside of my tank top.
"Anyone want a drink?" I say standing up going inside.
"GATOOO" Jack yells!
They all agree,I come back out with Like 20 bottles in hand so I don't have to go back in,nobody is there when she gets outside. She drops the bottles and tried to run away through the side gate but she's stopped by Trevor, then Nico then Alex now she is sprinting from 5 people all jacks friends but somehow she managed to hop the fence and lose them, she was standing behind jacks truck, but she forgot that there was another person she needed to run from, Jack.
"SHIT" she try's running again but he grabs her waist and picks her up from behind coming out of literal nowhere, instead of going to the pool he goes to the lake instead.
"JACK NO ITS 50 TIMES COLDER PLEASE DONT!"
"On one condition"
"Please anything" he stops when she says that and puts her down but holds her arms so I can't get away.
"You go to breakfast with me tomorrow "
"Fine but don't throw me in the water"
"Deal" as I say that he starts to grow a smirk, still holding me.
I spin around and see Quinn running toward me also smirking. I try to get away but he manages to grab me, jack carry's me with his arms under my arm pits and Quinn grabs my ankles.
"HUGHES MY PHONE!" I yell before we're closer to the lake.
"THATS THE POINT" they both yell, little do they know i have had an iPhone 14 Pro for like 3 months I just use my old one around them for this reason, in case they throw me in, best idea I've ever had.
Somehow when they threw me I managed to drag Jack down with me, that was super funny.
We were all sitting down by the fire, once the fire is out we go inside and watch a movie.
"What movie shall it be" Trevor asks in a British accident, at least I think it was British.
"Tangled!" I shout
"YES!" He says pointing at me.
I lay in the corner next to Jack, my eyes started to get heavy so I leaned my head on the back of the couch but Jack pulled me and I layed my head on his shoulder.
8:27am
I was laying In bed, we moved the rooms around again because I couldn't sleep in the same room as Luke he snores so fucking loud, so now I have my own room.
I feel the sun beaming on my face from the curtain being opened and I turn my face into a pillow. Then the blankets are gone.
"No it's cold" I reach out for the blanket but I'm yanked instead now sitting up.
"Jack Hughes I'm going to throw you off the balcony"
"You said breakfast"
"If you didn't throw me in."
"Technically that was Quinn, be ready in 10" he says leaving.
I get up and throw on some mascara, sunscreen and aquaphor then Jean shorts and a hoodie because it was very windy outside.

We are walking side by side down the road to the breakfast place then I see that Chris guy,I grab jacks hand and do 180 yanking him with me.
"Stel, what the hell"
"Hey that rhymes"
"Stel" he stops me.
"Chris is down the road"
He looks at me confused.
"Bar fight" I blurt and he understands what I mean so we walk down to the beach instead ignoring the wind, still holding hands.
We sit down and the wind calms down, he's staring at me.
"Hi" I say turning to him
"Hi"
"Your eyes are pretty" he says.
"Thank you"
This moment feels like how I imagine "you are in love" by Taylor swift. Calm,summer,warm but a breeze, like the scene from the summer I turned pretty and Conrad and belly are on the beach on the last episode.
That's what this moment feels like, he puts his arm around me and pulls me in, then kisses the top of my head.
"Stel, I never want to lose you"
"Then don't"
"What?"
"Don't. There's one way to not let it happen jack"
He has a big happy grin.
"Stel, will you be my girlfriend" he asks his smile gets bigger.
"Yes"
He gives me a cute kiss on the lips moving hair out of my face. We sit there for a little bit and then head back to the house hand in hand fingers interlaced.
"Wait Jack"
"What's wrong"
"Nothing no, I. Um. How do we tell them"
"Tell who"
"The man on the moon Jack, who do you think" I say sarcasticly.
"So we get a space ship-" I cut him off and slap his chest
"Jack Rowden Hughes"
"Okay okay. So I may have been planning to ask you already and they are behind that door waiting for an answer"
I'm stunned, he was already planning it.
I grab his hand again and we go inside, just as he said they were all crowding the front door.
"HER HAND! HIS HANDS!THERE HANDS!" Luke yells.
We are laughing and sitting on the couch and I'm getting tired but It's only 1 in the afternoon.
"Nap?" Jack asks.
"Yes but I'm not moving"
"You don't have to"
Ended up sleeping on the couch until dinner,when I woke up Jack was silently scrolling on his phone but before I opened my eyes I heard,
"So you guys are fr together" Trevor asks.
"Yup. I lived 20 feet away from her for 5 years but it took me 13 years to get her, it was worth it for the most part"
"The most part?"
"I hated getting in arguments with her, like that one where she was going to go out with that one dude from school, stupid argument I shouldn't have been like that but I wanted her"
"Aw Jack that's sweet" Quinn says.
Then I woke up.
"Did you hear that" Jack asks.
"Hear what?" I pretended, that was too sweet.
"Nothing nevermind" he says.
We ended up going outside but I felt pretty dizzy so I just stayed next to Jack, I didn't want to stand but I really wanted a drink from inside so I went anyway.
I got to the kitchen and I grabbed a Gatorade for the sugar but when I opened it I just passed out.
I think I was there for 5 minutes alone until Trevor came in and then went screaming for Jack.
"STEL?! Are you ok!"
I was conscious for 4 of those 5 minutes.
"I got dizzy when I grabbed the drink" that was now spilt all over me.
"Stay there for a second" he went and got a cold towel for my forehead.
"Trevor"
"What's up Stella"
"I took the last red one"
"If you didn't pass out your ass would be in the lake, your lucky Stella"
I giggled a little bit still laying there.
I felt better so I stood up and leaned on the counter for a bit while Quinn gave me a protein drink to fill my stomach.
Jack got me a plate with a slice of pizza and the bread ball, my Gatorade and a blanket and we went back out to the fire.
I sat next to him but I rested my legs on his lap and my head on his shoulder eating the pizza every so often.
Why didn't I try and get him sooner.
12:58am
All the kids sitting around the fire made Stella feel at home,like this where she knew she was supposed to be,the house,her 'brothers' and her boy.
She was now fully in his lap, still sideways but sitting more comfortable,hiding her face in the cook of his neck.