Chapter 7

July 13th 2023
Me and Jack are 22, not together, in multiple ways. No party together, not dating. I wish the second was true, I feel empty without him. We are on the same hockey team I don't know how we have drifted as far as we have.
That changes today, for the first time in 9 years I'm going to the lake house in Michigan. Home.
The drive was exhausting not having anyone to drive with.
I pull in the drive way and as soon as I get out I smell the fresh lake, I also hear the boys in the backyard and grab my stuff, Ellen and Jim are driving in tomorrow.
"Honey I'm home!" I yell putting down my bags,no answer.
I remember they were outside,leaving my phone on the table I walk out,nobody.
"Seriously I drive 12 hours alone and nobody comes to the door! oh shit" As she says that she finally realizes why she can't see anyone..
Like she expected, arms around her waist,and then water.
I finally come up to the water and see a very happy Jack swimming next to me.
"I knew it" she says splashing him.
"Is your phone in your pocket this time?!" Jack asks.
"No I left it on the table"
"Damn it I thought I got it this time. Stel you need a new phone, it's 2023 and your still rocking the iPhone 8"
"Hey it runs good"
"ITS SHATTERED AND SHOCKS YOU IF YOU PICK IT UP WHILE CHARGING?!"
"Imagine what would happen if you put it in water?! I yell back. We get out and I change into sweats and a new tank top and lay on the couch trying to get piece and quiet, jack and Quinn went for smoothies and Luke was passed out downstairs, beck is at his girlfriend house in Newark and Sterling is out, at least she came tho.
The house was so quiet, until 6 grown ass men coming barging through the house laughing and cheering, obviously Luke wakes up and has to add to it. Now in the house we have:
Alex turcotte
Jack
Quinn
Luke
Trevor Zegras
Nico Hischier
Dawson mercer
Cole Caufeild.
I look over at then shooting daggers at Quinn, he drove it's his fault.
"JORDYY!" Nico tells.
"Hi Nico" I get up walks round the couch and hug them, not the Hughes tho they were on thin ice.
"Not gonna lie I feel out numbered here"
"Don't, we all know damn well you would kill us if you had the chance" Trevor says walking to the couch and taking MY spot.
"The chances of that are pretty low, unless you're in my spot" I say slowly turning my head to Trevor. He looks at me for a second as I grab a pillow and try and suffocate him with it.
"Glad you got the hint Z" I smile.
"Yea uh mhm so dinner?"
"I ordered pizza on the way here" Jack says.
"Oh my god can we go out tonight!" Luke asks.
"Luke you can't even drink"
"I don't care"
"I'm down" three of them say.
"Why not" I add.
"I'm good" Trevor,Dawson,Cole and Alex add.
"We leave at 7!" I yell running up the stairs to shower.
"ITS 6:10 STEL WHAT THE HELL!" Jack yells, then I hear the pizza guy at the door.
6:58 pm
My hair is dry now and I did loose curls. We kept it casual and I wore camo leggings and a teal tank top, Birkenstock (and socks). I walk downstairs and the boys are wearing just regular t shirts and shorts, and the backwards hats. We got into Quinn's car, since Luke wasn't drinking he got to be our DD and I trust Luke a lot so I was definitely drinking.. a lot..
Me, Jack and Quinn started with 2 tequila shots each then I had 2 vodka cranberry's, I don't know what they had but they were buzzed. It came to 9 o'clock quickly and I was feeling it, the karaoke started and me and Jack did party in the U.S.A, we were at a standing table talking and laughing and sort of dancing and the past 15 minutes I felt eyes on me, I look around and see a cute guy at the bar.
"Hey I'm going to get another drink!" I say, thank god no one follows me.
I talked to him for awhile and found out he is a photographer for the Florida panthers.
I hear my name being called at the table, I give them a 1 sign and mouth "1 second" to Jack.
"So what's your name" he asks.
He's starting to get touchier and pushes a hair behind my ear, I was uncomfortable.
"Estelle, but you can call me Stella." I say taking a step back but he steps even closer to me then before.
"I'm Christopher but you can call me-"
"Nothing, because she's not going to call you"
Jack appears behind me.
"Do you know him?" Chris asks me.
"Yea he's my-"
"Husband" Jack cut me off.
Well that's definitely not what I was going to say.
"Your married?!" He says a little louder.
I feel jack stare at me.
"Yea. 14 years" I say under my breath but loud enough for him to hear.
I just wanted out of the conversation, Chris walks away and jack turns me to face him.
"Did he hurt you" he asks seriously.
"No just let me Liveee, where's Quinn let's do karaoke."I change the subject,well I didn't that was definitely the alcohol.
I was at the bar again and Jack had gone back to the table for his wallet then Chris came up to me, here we go.
"Hey Stella, now that your husbands gone do you mind if I get you a drink"
"I'm good thanks, just ordered one"
"I wasn't asking" he got really close, I could feel the heat off of him.
I try and back up but he puts his hands on my waist.
"Let me go,please"
"What are you gonna do, is your 5'9 husband gonna come beat me up" he leans close but I get yanked away, thank god.
I'm pulled behind someone and just by the smell, instantly. Vanilla. Jack.
"First of all I'm 5'11,but I will go easy on ya because you probably can't count, second of all, you have 15 seconds until your forehead is in the counter."
"oh Mr tough guy I'm so afraid, come on darling let's get out of here" he try's to reach for me but Jack blocks him and twists his arm backwards standing behind him pushing him to the counter, it happened so fast.
"6 seconds remaining dip shit you better run"
He loosens form jacks grip,throws the bartender a 50 for his drinks and absolutely sprints out of the bar.
Jack turns to me." This time be honest, are you ok"
"Yes Jack I'm fine"
"You sure?"
"Rowden! Don't pester me"
"Okay okay okay, come stand with us"
We got talking and this time Jack and Quinn went to get drinks apparently I'm not aloud to be left alone, especially since I can barely stand still.
After awhile we heard screaming and shouting.
Jacks POV
Me and Quinn went to go get some more drinks, although that's definitely not the best thing to do to right now. Then someone Rando comes and stands next to me.
"Saw your wife get a little mad over there,
wouldn't be surprised if she divorced you for me" it's Chris. Quinn tries to pull me away but i wasnt gonna let him.
"The fuck did you say to me"
"You heard Me"
My fist clenched up really tight and I think it's the hardest punch I have ever thrown, he's immediately knocked down onto the floor, I wasn't done with him, I kept hitting him and hitting him until I felt 2 people pull me off, Quinn and Nico. At least Luke stayed with stel at the table, oh nevermind they are right there.
Stella's POV
The yelling continued and me and Luke walked over, his arm over my shoulder so I don't fall over, two people are fighting, I know I saw Chris but I couldn't figure out who it was til Christ started punching back flipping them. Shit. We yell for Nico and him and Quinn get Jack up, his face was so bloody knuckles super red.
Then Luke took me outside and the others trailed behind us, Luke put me in the backseat with Quinn and Jack because Nico was just a little bit more sober then us.
2:28am
We finally got home and I was crazy drunk.
Me and Jack are stumbling side by side up the driveway behind everyone else.
"Let's go see the world! Row!"
"Oh my god" Jack gasps loudly.
"Whats wrong" I ask
"We never went on a honeymooooooonnnnn" he carried it on.
We kept rambling until Luke separated us because we would have definitely booked a flight to Italy.
The rooms were weird now, the solo rooms are still with the double beds, but the 2 rooms with 2 beds now all have 3 beds each. They must have started bringing more friends over.
Trevor and Cole in a room, Nico and Alex shared Quinn and Trevor room and then me Luke and Jack in a room.
They needed at least one sober person with a drunk person.
We put the three beds together and Jack was in the middle.
3:57pm
I woke up and Luke was gone I had a pounding headache and I was laying on jacks arm.
He stirs awake after I do and we both start the complaining train.
"No more drinking" I put my pinky out.
"No more drinking" we interlock pinkies but we both know we will be drinking in like 24 hours.