Chapter 6

7:50am
I woke up to Beck stomping around the apartment, I fell asleep studying like completely nose in the book.
I groan as I stand up and stretch, I wanted to hermit today, I didn't want to talk to anyone except go get my groceries.
Which is what I did, until I went to visit my dad.
We hung out for a little bit then I went home and fell asleep, didn't bother texting any of the boys.
9:15pm
I wake up to screaming around me,like almost murder cry's, I shoot up and see two Hughes brothers, one on the end of the bed one standing next to me yelling, can you guess which one is which.
I look to my right. "What do you want Jack"
"Hey I wasn't the only one screaming"
"Fine what do you and Luke want"
"I thought you were dead you didn't text back all day"
"I fell asleep"
"No kidding" Luke adds.
"Can I to sleep now" I say kinda whiny.
"Yes" they walk back out my room but before Jack leaves he puts a blanket over me, because I was kinda just laying on top of all the blankets.
Thats my row, always taking care of me.
                                  -draft day-
Me and Jack spent the season in the ntdp, too bad Quinn couldn't come,but we FaceTimed him.
Jack wore a blue suit and I wore black leather pants and a navy blue long sleeve with platform white converse.
Our family's got to sit together, my brother on my left and my dad next to him,Jack on my right Luke next to him then his mom and his dad.
I didn't realize but my leg was doing that anxiety shake thing.
"You ok" Jack leans over and asks.
"Yep"
"You sure?"
"Nervous"
"It's all good"
Here we go.
"New Jersey first overall pick, Jack Hughes" they call out. I saw his smile, the smile I saw when we met at the arena last September.
"New Jersey 2nd pick.. Estelle Jordan"
My heart was out of my chest, I hug my brother quickly and then my dad, and hugged the Hughes parents while Luke dapped me up.
Number 28, that's me.
Once I was done on stage I went around the back to do a promo thing and then I saw Jack and I instantly jumped into his arms.
"We did it row"
"We sure did stel" he put me down and we waited around till the end, now it was time to go home.
Not only did I do it for him, I get to do it with him.
                         November 19th 2019
Me and Jack have never gotten into a big argument, we would only bicker about little things, until now I guess.
"The guys a dick stel! Don't go out with him!" Jacks yelling as he walks into his room and I'm in the hallway. "You can't dictate who I go out with Jack!"
"Okay but I know this kid and he's horrible,he was never in one relationship, it was either 2 or 3"
"That was years ago Jack! I'm an adult now let me make my own decisions!"
"Fine but if you get hurt it's not my fucking fault Stella!"
My face dropped, tears forming in my eyes. I definitely wasn't going out now, but that's not the reason, he doesn't call me Stella.
After he said that he slammed his door,another thing he doesn't do.
I back up against the wall behind me at the top of the stairs and slide my back down.
The I feel a presence sit next to me, Luke.
I look up at him.
"You know he doesn't meant that" he says quietly. I lean my head on the wall nodding, I stand up and go get in my car and drive home.
I called Cole on my way out, telling him something came up. He got mad,like real mad and it was annoying,Jack was kinda right.

(Not Cole caufeild btw)
                    January 20th 2020
I haven't had a one on one conversation with Jack since, we both still play great and help each other out, whether it's an assist or a fight.
I didn't want to lose him again. But I think it's kinda late for that.we finished our game I didn't score, it was just an off feeling. My dad's retired now, his heart is really bad. I was on my way to my house to grab something when Jack called me, declined it immediately. I was on my way out to my car then Jack called me again, I did answer it this time.
"What do you need Jack"
"Stel,come to your dads now please"
"I'm on my way" I hang up the phone, why did he need me so bad, why didn't Beck call, are they all there?
I walk in and Ellen,Jim and Luke are on the couch crying. No sign of Quinn and Jack.
I fully walk in the room now, I see Beck now, in the kitchen leaning on the counter with Quinn.
"What's happening"
"Sit down honey" Ellen says, signalling to the seat next to Luke, then the other boys come over and Jack comes from upstairs, sits next to me.
"Where is dad" I ask, but it looks like I made Luke cry harder.
I knew what was coming.
So I turn to Jack and he looks back at me for what felt like eternity but in reality it was 40 seconds,then he nods his head.
It feels like the day I found out I was moving all over again, hell is what it is.
I couldn't breathe I had to get out, I went to the front step. It was freezing out but I was fine in just a hoodie, then Jack joined me.
"I'm sorry for our fight stel"
"It's ok, I'm glad it happened"
"What?"
"Never mind,forget it"
We sit there for a few minutes, I couldn't cry anymore. I have almost nothing left.