Chapter.5

September 14th 2018.

It's been 3 years, almost 4. I haven't forgotten them. But it has gotten harder and harder and harder to keep in touch, I spray his cologne every 7 months. I don't know how it lasts 7 months on hoodies and blankets. I bought 5 more bottles when I got here, none have been empty yet, but I wanted them in case.
On our 16th birthday I got a card, and a gift card. Sportcheck. I loved it.
I sent him a thin chain, with a heart on it, like my ring, same thing engraved.
7:38 am
I'm up, my first day at the ntdp, I honoured the promise, number 3. That was jacks number in middle school. I made the program for him.
I'm driving in my new white jeep out of my apartment, I have my own now, I still visit my dad like 2-3 times a week especially for his heart, it's gotten worse again.
8:30am
I walked into the arena and saw some teammates, a lot of the roster was a surprise, due to last minute decisions, I stopped when I saw the back of someone's head, at least 30 feet away, fluffy brown hair, as I got closer I kept my head down going to the girls locker room, which was 4 feet from him. That vanilla scent. It's been a long time since I sprayed it myself that wasn't me. I stop and turn around for a second, looking back at me.
No.
It's not.
No no.
He does look crazy familiar.
I wouldn't to him, my hair isn't brown anymore it's blonde.
"Hi your my teammate right?" He asks, raspy voice. I don't think it's him.
"Yea, Estelle, you are?"
"C-" he's cut off.
"Hey guys get ready we're starting ice breakers in 10"
"Got it coach" I say, turning back around.
I put on all my gear, glad I'm doing it for him.
Now I've time.
We are all on a knee around coach.
"Okay, you guys have all introduced eachother. Now, we are missing three people today, some flights got cancelled but everyone will be here tomorrow night. Okay get to drills"
We did drills, a lot of drills. Coach praised me for my prediction, Quinn taught me that.
                              The next day
Back at practice.
I walked out on the ice and there were 3 people out there, turcotte,McCarthy and I can't see who it is, too far. But they are number 6. Cool that's as my number in middle school.

JACKS POV
I'm at my first day at the ntdp, I knew she would want me here, I wish she was here. I honoured our promise and picked number 6, for her.
I'm even wearing the chain she bought me for my 16th. Technically today is our 8 year anniversary, maybe I will text her when I'm done. I haven't talked to her or Beck since our 16th birthday, now we are 17.
Me, turcotte and McCarthy are out on the ice waiting, then a girl walks out, number 3. I can't see the name.
We played a scrimmage today, I didn't see number 3, she was probably in when I was out.
Finally practice was done and I wore my white hoodie stel got me for Christmas 3 years ago, still fits perfectly.
I see the girl ahead, I know it's her she's the only girl on the team. I focus on the back of her sweater, white with..pink writing. I think she's about 20 feet away.
Looks like she forgot something, she spins around super fast and we lock eyes, stel..

Stella's POV.
I'm walking out of the locker room going to my car, today is our 8 year anniversary. I realize I forgot to grab my AirPods off my locker so I spin around and I look at someone ahead. Same hoodie?
I know those green eyes.
Those beautiful green eyes, I'm frozen. Stone cold. I know it's him, he knows it's Me. My bags are dropped.
It's jack. I started running towards him and he drops his bag and walks fast to me. I jump in his arms and we spin around then I'm down, my arms still around his waist, his arms still around my head.
"Am I dreaming" I say into his chest.
"No no. I'm here stel"
Beck had to pick me up today, my cars broken. I guess I'm late to going out because I can see him bust through the doors. He stops, only I can see him, still hugging Jack.
He mouths "Jack?" I nod after pulling away from him, Jack wonders what I'm looking at and looks over to see Beck walking with the biggest smile on his face. I take my chance and pop in to get my AirPods and back for my bag then we all walk out together.
"So how you doing stel"
"I'm doing great Jack. Now that I see you"
"How's uh. How's your dad"
"Bad, but he can fight it"
"Yea, I know he can" he adds.
Beck had a work emergency so Jack drove me home, but before that he brought me to there house. Everyone is home. Even Quinn. And apparently my dad was?!
"My dad's here?!" I ask.
"Beck must have called him" he parks the car and we look at eachother.
"I missed you row"
"I missed you stel, but guess what today is"
"Our 8 year anniversary" we say in sync, we laugh and then go inside. I immediately lock eyes with Luke on the couch.
"MOOSEY!" I scream. He's in shock he jumps and runs full speed at my and gives me the biggest hug almost pushing me over.
I see Ellen peek her head around the corner in confusion, then we make eye contact and she was excited now.
She came and joined the hug and so did Jim and my dad, because I don't think Luke wanted to let go. But he did, then we sat in the living room.
"Stella, Quinn's going to be home any minute why don't you go surprise him in is room" Ellen suggested.
"Absolutely" I say hopping up and the other boys come with me. I sit on his bed and look around, super clean. There was dust on the dresser, they have been here awhile, or Quinn is just dusty. I hear the door slam shut, yup, Quinn.
I hide beside his door so when he comes in and looks to his right I can jump out, jacks in the room across the hall filing when he comes upstairs. He walks right past me straight to putting his bags on his bed, Jack quietly comes closer without Quinn noticing, then he turns around and stops, immediately in a hug.
"Stella what the hell! How are you here!"
"You can't be in the same city as me and not expect to find me right?"
"Fair point."