Chapter 10

JUNE 8th 2023
8:23pm
I'm at the EDGE of my seat, the devils against capitals, currently tied 3-3 in the third period and there is 2 minutes left.
It's absolutely killing me that I can't be on the ice with my team after spraining my wrist in yesterday's game and I can't play, it's even worse I'm still on the bench.
JUNE 7th 2023
Jack got the face off and passed it to Luke pushing it up the ice, Luke passed it Nico going up farther and around the net then passes it to me but as soon as I pass it to Jack and the puck is now sliding down the ice I'm slammed straight to the ice the wrong way on my hand, I wanted to cry, I kept my composer. He got the goal but I was still on the ground. Immediately skating to me, it's was so hard getting up with one hand he had to go behind me and left my back off the ground and then skating with me to the bench as I go to the locker room but I shoo him away to go win it for the team, by the time is at down my wrist was already swelled up and starting to bruise. The doctor put a brace on it and told me that I couldn't play today or tomorrow, I was heartbroken. I didn't go back out, I couldn't handle the feeling of my team lookin at me with the sorrow in there eyes.
So I waited in the locker room, there was only a minute left anyway so it was really any second, I could hear cheering but the announcers I had no idea who won.
They all come in cheering and screaming as I'm sitting there with my gear already off and in my leggings and hoodie ready curl up and sleep as soon as Jack drives me home.
I watch it all click in there heads at the same time when they see me crying, pulling me into a hug.
This is my family and I can't help them win.
                  BACK TO PRESENT DAY.
Jacks going up the ice driving right past every defender there is on that ice sliding it to Luke and Luke slap shots it right into the top corner of the net.
the whole team jumps up screaming and yelling like crazy as the whole bench runs out in a big hug, I stop for a second as the team starts celebrating getting into a line.
The cup is getting passed out all of us kissing it, I pass it over to Jack and he's.. down on one knee?!
I tear fluttered my eye.
"Stella Lynn Jordan, 14 years I have been with you, either just as your best friend or your boyfriend. Will you marry me, again?"
Again, he whispered that so only I could hear it.
"Yes Jack!" I say with tears filling my eyes and he picks me up and twirls me around.
My life is complete I don't know what would come after this.
Oh wait I know, a PARTY!
Jack drove me Luke and Nico to there house and we got ready there because my house was further.
Luckily I left my dress there, it was a short,black sequin dress with long sleeves and I curled my hair.
I was sitting on the floor in the living room doing my makeup while Nico curled my hair, yes.. Nico curled my hair. I guess his sister taught him because it is harder to curl the pieces in the back but he actually did a great job.
"Holy crap Nico your hired for my wedding"
"Will I be getting paid?"
"Free drinks"
"DEAL!" He laughs, I get up and go grab my dress in the bathroom and put it on zipping it up about halfway before having to call in reinforcements.
"JACKK" I yell out with huff.
"Yes Stel"
"Can you zip that"

"I mean I can but it's probably more fun unzipping it" he says zipping it.
"Watch it Hughes" I say smiling then spinning around putting my arms around his neck, glancing at the ring on my finger.
"Are you ready yet!"
Luke and Nico yell from the front door.
"JUST NEED MY HEELS!"
"Why you're just going to make me carry them!!" Luke yells.
"TOO BAD" I yell strapping them to my ankles and walking downstairs, then out to the car.
We tried to discuss in the car who the DD was going to be and we agreed on Luke, he is in fact only 20 that is.
We walk into the arena and into a room that was Farley large and there was lots of music, stranger by jay Hayden was pounding in my heart. It felt right though.
Me and Jack went and found a drink and danced for a bit splitting now and then but mainly attached at the hip, the longer I have known him or any Hughes boys they don't like to talk about me when I'm not there, they want people to know that anyone who talks to me will one way or another be face to face with one of the brothers, wether that's in a fight or a peaceful conversation.
I can't wait in a year from now and we've only been married a certain amount of time but I get to say 13+ years, the reactions are my favourite.

I was in the middle of an "argument" with Dawsy-as I call him -about how money doesn't buy happiness which it kind of does.
"No dawson it's not specifically happiness it buys it's the thing that money buys that gives you happiness.money bought me hockey, with hockey I would not have had something to talk to Jack about on his first day of school. You just need to think more" I explain to him as I'm greeted with a drunk Quinn now hanging off my shoulder.
I step away from the conversation to focus on what this man needs and hoping he doesn't puke on my new shoes.
"So... Stellyy.A month or so before your dad died, he gave me this card and told me, me can you believe that of all the brothers he chose-"
"Yes he chose you Quinn keep talking"
"He told me to give you this card when you got engaged, and this one when you win your first Stanley cup" he hands me two cards, and I froze. I sneak away to where the jackets and things were and I put them in my purse no way I was going to cry right now.
Then I got back and Jack asked me to dance.
I've never felt better about a decision, several people told me not to go to the ntdp, I'm very glad I did because I wouldn't have met Jack.. again.