Chapter 9

third person pov

"We're doing what?" Shoyo looked at Rintaro making sure he heard him right. Rintaro smiled amused by him and grabbed his hand.

"going out." he said like it was the simplest thing ever. Shoyo rolled his eyes looking around the area.
It definitely was not something he was familiar with but he trusted Rintaro for whatever reason yet again.

The two were walking along the side walk hand in hand outside the daycare close to the cross walk. The cars in the road stopped to let them cross over to the other side along with a group of kids with two teacher heading the opposite way assuming to be back to the daycare. Shoyo smiled at the kids passing by him on his right with Rintaro stealing glances on Shoyo's left. On of the kids who was a few steps away from Shoyo was looking up at the sky when he tripped falling on his hands and knees. He let go of Rintaro's hand quickly to go help the little boy up. The sudden loss of warmth in his brought his eyes off of Shoyo and onto the little boy's pale and cheek reddened face with a tear threaten to escape out of one eye.

Rintaro watched as Shoyo bent down to help the child with the sweetest closed eye smile he had seen. The boy couldn't help but smile back with an almost just as toothy grin if he hadn't been missing one of his front teeth. The boy got up and hugged Shoyo quickly before running back to his teacher. Shoyo got up waving to the boy who turned around holding his teacher's hand to smile and wave back.
Rintaro walked over to Shoyo grabbing his hand and pulling him along reminding Shoyo that they were still in the crosswalk. Shoyo looked up at Rintaro who had taken his hand in his again.

"My hand got cold." he said pouting looking at Shoyo with his signature tired eyes that seemed to soften in his gaze. Shoyo giggled lightly.

"Why don't you just put it in your pocket then?" he with a questioning look and and a confused smile. Rintaro hummed for a short second then spoke.

"Good point." he said grabbing Shoyo's left hand and putting it into his pocket.

"All better now." He finished smiling lightly at the younger male then focusing his eyes back to the rows of store in front of them while stepping onto the sidewalk. Shoyo's eyes wandered around trying to ignore the butterflies in his stomach. While he was looking up at the sky he noticed that dark clouds started to gather over their heads.

"Rin, it's starting to get cloudy." Shoyo said trying not to ruin the comfortable atmosphere they had created. Rintaro tilted his head up to see the clouds form together over their heads.

"Oh, well there are some stores up here we can go in if it rains." he said.

"Plus i'm kinda hungry anyway." Rintaro added before leading the way while trying to fight the thoughts clouding in his mind causing silence between the two. One would think that they were just enjoying each other's company after seeing the two steel glances at each other trying not to get caught.

What was in fact supposed to be comfortable silence made Shoyo anxious. He desperately wanted to know what Rintaro was thinking while couldn't stop thinking that he was overwhelming Rintaro after only meeting him the day before. Even though he had offered Shoyo to take him out Rintaro had already done so much for him. Shoyo is nervous just thinking about how to pay him back. In his anxious thoughts Shoyo brought his right hand close to his face while looking around them bringing his index finger to rest on his bottom lip in a purposeful pout. Subconsciously his right hand had begun to loosen its grip onto the older's hand causing his eyes to become focused back on the ginger.