Chekov

Okay I was scrolling on insta and I had a reel with the song Valentine by: Laufey and I had this pop into my head and had to write it

Okay I was scrolling on insta and I had a reel with the song Valentine by: Laufey and I had this pop into my head and had to write it. It ended up being a little shorter than the other ones, so sorry. I hope ya'll like it :)

I was walking through the halls of the enterprise, I had just recently joined as part of the engineering team. I work under Scotty and him and I had become good friends, he helped me to become friends with Kirk and McCoy as well, and they all loved to tease me. This was because  I was only 17, which shocked people when they found out that I became an ensign so young. 

I've rejected affection for years and years

Other than talking with Scotty and the others I kept to myself most of the time. I was mocked a lot in school for being a "nerd" or just plain weird and I was never very trusting of people. Any time someone seemed to like me as more than a friend it ended up being either untrue or a dare or some cruel joke. It got to the point where I just stopped looking for a relationship or even being open to that sort of thing. 

So one day when a certain very cute Russian Ensign came up to me and tried to start a conversation I turned and walked away. I liked him too much to allow myself to hope for anything just to end up getting hurt again.

Now I have it, and damn it It's kind of weird

However, he kept approaching me and one day I finally gave in. 

"Hey, Y/n How vas you're day?"

He said approaching me as I walked back to my quarters.

I sighed and decided, (well why not)

I slowed my pace and turned to look at him with a light smile on my face.

"It was good, how was yours Pavel?"

I watched his eyes light up at my response as he began to speak again.

"It vas good! Zere vas nothing too crazy on ze bridge today"

"Good I'm glad"

"Y/n, i vas wondering. Well, I've been wanting to ask you for a vhile now. Vould you maybe, vant to go to ze mess hall to get somezing to eat vith me?"

I look down blushing but also feeling that same pit in my stomach that I used to get every time someone would pull a prank on me. But this time I decided I trusted him, no one would try that hard just for a joke, right?

"Sure, yeah that sounds great. Do you want to go right now?"

He looked even more excited at that.

"Sure! Let's go!"

He turned around and stuck out his elbow toward me for me to take his arm with an adorable dorky smile on his face. (Oh boy I'm really in deep now)

We made it to the mess hall as we both grabbed our food and sat down across from each other. We talked for a while about different things that have happened on the enterprise and what it's like to be the youngest people there. Then we fell into a surprisingly comfortable silence as we both finished eating.