Spock (Part 3)

Okaaaaaay, Part 3 Let's do it. I'm actually so happy with the way that this is going. This should be the last part. I hope ya'll like it. :)

I felt myself wake up but I had not yet opened my eyes. It felt remarkably warm for the conditions I remembered the previous night. As i became more aware I finally pried my eyes open and suddenly became very aware of the position I was in. I was laying on my back with a very adorable sleep tussled Vulcan tucked into my side. I looked down to see that his arm was splayed over my waist and his head was tucked into the crook of my neck as he slowly breathed.

My face flushed as I looked down at his beautiful messy hair and couldn't stop myself from reaching my free hand up and running it through his silky black strands. I couldn't help but indulge myself that one small thing, he didn't move and I checked the time to see that it was still only 05:24 which means that we both still have plenty of time to sleep.

I decided that my current situation was a predicament for future me as I wiggled back down under the covers and kept my hand up stroking his hair. It wouldn't harm anything, he was too asleep to notice anyway. There was something about the way that he smelled that was simply intoxicating, it was the same feeling that I had noticed the night before. It was something so uniquely him it was hard to describe. If I had to put words to it, it was the smell of fresh air early in the morning after a spring rain.

----------------------------------------------------

I woke up again now it was 08:00 and I turned my head down to see Spock in the same position as he was earlier. My hand had remained in his hair as I tried to decide how exactly I was going to get out of this situation, even though I didn't want to. As I was thinking Spock let out a groan and his wait shifted slightly, alerting me that he had woken up and now I had to confront this situation head on. I took in a breathe before finally gaining the courage to speak

"Morning"

He blinked a few times looking still quite asleep and then looked up at me.

"Good morning"

And then...(HE TUCKED HID HEAD BACK INTO MY NECK. AAAAAAH. eghem, excuse me.)

In that instant I felt a million butterflies batting around my stomach and I could have died happy in that moment. I decided to try and get him to wake up a little more. Although, in that moment he seemed remarkably human compared to his normal emotionless demeanor.

"How did you sleep?"

His head remained where it was

"I slept remarkably well. And you?"

"I did too" I replied sounding slightly shocked at his response.

"It's 8:12, the rest of the group is beaming down at 0900 again. So, I should probably get up and start preparing."

"Yes, I suppose that you're right"

He said as he rolled off of me and I stood up out of the bed and left for the bathroom to change. When I made it back into the room Spock was now back in his uniform and his hair had been tamed back to it's usual look.

I packed up everything into my go-bag and med kit since this was going to be out last day on the planet. I then brought both of my bags out to into the kitchen as I received a cup of coffee from Jocelyne. Although I had enjoyed myself these last few days I was eager to get back to my normal life back on the enterprise. So I decided against breakfast in favor of rushing outside to feed the horses and then heading into town to prepare the tables and supplies for the second group today.

I hadn't seen Spock since that morning and planned to keep it that way, i needed to get my feelings and thought under check before I can ignore what happened. I had to remind myself not to hold on to that hope, it would only hurt me in the long run.