21. Comfort

Husks POV

What was there turns into a shadow and recedes from the room, leaving me alone. I hadn't seen him in years. I would rathered it stayed that fucking way. I'm left standing there and I simply can't move. Knocking I'd heard from my right and I quickly look over there.

"Come in." I encourage and as the last of the red leaves the room, just as Angie enters. He slowly walks over and without a word hugs me. "What happened?" I don't want to tell him, he already thinks I'm this big strong powerful overlord... I could be so much more.

"Are you safe?" He asks after not getting a response and he pulls away, leaving his hands on my back. I feel him begin to scratch and pet me as I try not to melt. "Yeah." I say dryly not wishing to talk about who just left my office.

"Just a business meeting." I murmur, feeling his hands move up, cupping my face. "You ain't gotta tell me, just... Tell me if you're in danger." He says, I wouldn't, I don't want him getting hurt. And with who just left, he would be, or worse.

I rub my sore neck and in doing so I bring the spiders attention to it. "Your neck... Husky this looks like-" "Don't worry about it, it's fine." I cut him off, moving his hand away and towards my back. "I know what that is Husky." He says and I frown, why wouldn't he? He's dealt with this same shit.

"Fine, ask away, can't promise you'll have satisfying answers." I say, rolling my eyes as I sit back in the soft plush chair at my desk. Angel dust walks behind me, behind the chair and I feel him reach over, petting my head softly.

"Who is it?" He asks and I inhale sharply, gripping the chair, my claws digging into the seat. "Okayyyy, so no?" He asks and I nod, he's still petting me gently, I relax my hands. It's nice to be taken care of like this, especially after that fucker left.

"What do they have you do?" He asks using his bottom set of arms to adjust and fix my suit. "Merc shit mostly, or menial tasks he doesn't feel is important enough for him." I leave out the fact he has been gone for years at this point, almost a few fuckin decade.

"So you're an assassin?" He asks in a surprised voice, fiddling with the buttons on my tuxedo. "Essentially yeah." I chuckle darkly, I look down and see my hand still trembling slightly and I force myself to stop. He hums a soft song in my ear, I know the melody but I can't pin the words down.

Probably some kid shit he listens too. "Can I help at all?" He asks and I simply shake my head. "Okay then, do you want me to leave? Do you have to deal with anything?" He asks and I speak back up after a while. "I need a drink, I'd prefer if you came with." I say standing up and the spider nods.

"I eh, I need to fix myself up." He says, gesturing to his casual clothes. "I think you look good, but if you'd like." I snap my fingers and he himself disappears as I smirk satisfied with myself. I transported him to his room, hearing his swears and curses fade into nothing as I'm left alone in the room.

I slam my fist into the table in anger hearing it crack. That's thing costs a lot, let's not do that again. I stand and walk along towards the door trying not to tlhink of the events that had unfolded.

I hadn't drank for at least a day, which was a surprising amount of time, especially due to how it didn't feel like a drag. I exit my room and towards the elevator before heading down.

It hurt to wait for him for so long, staring at the precious bottle of alcohol. It was my usual stuff, strong, potent, whatever you call it. It's good. After a few more agonizing minutes suddenly the spider appears next to me out of nowhere almost scaring me out of my seat.

I let out a startled noise and flared my wings before seeing it's him and just looking at him grumpily. I pop open the bottle and chug it until I have no air left inside, handing him the bottle and he looked between me and the bottle, glaring.

"You finished it asshole." He says calling over the bartender and ordering another politely. "I's just trying to forget." I murmur, shrugging as I tuck my wings behind my back as the drink is brought back over which u take from the bartender before it's quickly snatched.

"I want some." He says, trying to sound pissed or something but the smirk on his face lied. "Whatever." I wave him off allowing him to drink, which he coughed at. "Fucking lightweight." I tease and he smirks at me before leaning in, bottom set in my thighs, top pressed in my chest.

I was frozen again, good frozen, embarrassing, but still good. "All the easier for you to pin down." He says before wiping a stray drop of booze from his lip. I say something faintly before pushing him off as he laughs.