29.

Husks POV

I'm awoken a few days after Angels little Hamilton fiasco by him shaking me awake. I sit up and rub my eyes, met by my Angie. "What'd wake me up for?" I ask, reaching out to place a hand on his back, pulling him into my lap and laying my head on his fluff like a pillow.

"Someone was calling you." He says as he strokes my fur, gently pushing me off and handing me my phone. I look at the notifications and see it was my FAVORITE box headed fucker. "What does he need?" I grumble, playing with Angels hair before setting him to the side and kissing his cheek before standing up and calling the TV demon back.

"What do you need I was sleeping." I ask angrily trying to keep my voice down so Angel wasn't startled. He looked gorgeous with his messy hair as he scrolled and took pictures of himself on his phone. "Simple, you and Angel come to a neutral restaurant, and talk to me and Velvette, no Valentino." The box brain explains and I look at Angel, giving him a little smile before turning and stepping out of the room.

"And why the fuck would I want to talk to you or that brat, especially while bringing Angel?" I ask in a low growl. Who does he think he is? Talking all nice or whatever like I'm going to let my guard down and just let him take Angie. "Rude, but, I figured due to you twos eh... Closeness some of my employees have noticed." Hold up, he's SPYING ON US?! "WHAT?!" I cut him off in a roar, gripping my desk, leaving claw marks.

"Nonononono, not like that, just ah, Y'know... Workers talk, it gets around really, nothing intentional y'know." He says laughing nervously, and I hear his voice fluctuating between volumes and pitches. Even a little static sometimes. "Sure, anyway, back on track, why would I want to speak to either of you two preppy fucks?" I ask rubbing the bridge of my nose

"I have ideas for a solution to problems we both have. Anyway! Bye bye! See you at the front tomorrow evening Husker!" The line goes dead with a loud bang of a door opening and the beep as I remove it from my ear, seeing his contact name 'Box head' and a picture of his face. Listen box head isn't all too descriptive when you're almost constantly drunk, so I needed a visual reminder.

I guess I don't really have much choice, I could just flatly deny him, or get someone to send him back to the tower whenever he gets here. But I'm curious now, what problems do I have. Well... Actually nevermind I figured it out. But how does he of all people know, they hate each other, it's not like they're gonna fucking gossip about it.

"What did he want?" Angel asks quietly as I walk back into the bedroom. "He wants to meet for dinner at some fucking restaurant. Apparently Val won't be there but I don't know..." I say, sitting next to him, placing my head in my hands, debating on clawing out my eyes to get that thing out of my head. Could I actually get away? I don't think about him often, only when he comes and goes usually. But Vox has me thinking, could I get out?

"Are we going?" He asks, scooting up behind me, gently playing with the fur on my head. "I guess... He says he has a way to fix both of our problems." I say it just how he'd said it to me. "He of all people has a problem?" He asks as I lean my head back into his hand.

"Yeah, I guess, I don't see it but if he does it'll probably end up a problem for me eventually." I reason and the spider nods, his long arms wrapping around me from behind as he kisses the back of my neck. "When is it?" He asks as my tail snakes around his torso, fanning his face as it was slightly hot in my room. "Tomorrow evening." I respond, turning around and kissing his soft lips. I push him down onto the bed, smiling into the kiss as I rest my hands against his hips.

"Sorry, got distracted." I say pulling off him. I pull him back into a sitting position seeing his cheek were a little red. "But yeah it's tomorrow, don't try too hard for them, they don't deserve seeing you at your best. Not that this isn't perfection, but you know what I mean." I say, gesturing to his current state, no makeup, all that, still absolutely amazing.

"You should go down for your shift, I'm not busy today so I'll probably be down with you doing something." I say, now being the one playing with his hair. He was so soft and so easily cuddled up to me. "In a minute." He sighs out, resting in my neck as I pet him. Is this how I looked when he did it? If so I can see why he does it.

"You're staring." He points out, which I was, he looked so peaceful I couldn't help it. "No I wasn't, g-go get ready." I murmur out pushing him off me lazily as I stand up. "No no no, I wanna know what you were staring at, I'm curious." He says laughing slightly as he looks up at me.

"Your face jackass." I say rolling my eyes as I walk over to a mirror and adjust my suit. "Aww, but there's so much better places to stare at." He says into my ear, he towered over the mirror, so him leaning down this far left him ah, rather enticing.

"Shut up." I mumble, feeling his hand on my chest. "Aww, c'mon baby, you know you love listening to me." He says, ruffling my hair before standing up fully and walking towards the bedroom door. "See you later babes~" He says winking before stepping out of the room. Fucking asshole, of course he chooses now to leave.

A/N I'm trying to start thinking about a way to end this story, I just don't want it to drag on and I have other stories I want to do with other ships, not saying I don't love this and every one of you who reads it. I just don't want to make it go forever until there's no reason it's still going, y'know?

Anyways, I love you all! Have wonderful days nights, evenings or naps, see you!