nine

"Natalia? Nataliaaaaaaa?" a finger snapped infront of me, pulling me back from my thoughts.

I looked up, "Yes, Luca?"

He looked down at this phone, "I had texted you but you didn't reply so I—," he shifted his gaze towards Atlas. "I texted him and he said that you were still in class."

True to his words, my phone was bombarded with texts from Luca.

"Andreas had texted me and he said that we need to be home as soon as possible since the rest of the family is reaching soon," he said that all in one breath.

I stood up instantly. "Let's go. I can't make a bad first impression."

I glanced over to Atlas, a soft smile on my lips unknowingly. "Bye όμορφο αγόρι. Tell Apollo and Athena to text me."

"Bye Natalia," Atlas replied.

With a nod towards the door, I followed Luca out, not forgetting to cast one last fleeting glance to Atlas.

"Soooo.... what was that?" Luca asked, dragging his words once we were out of class.

I acted clueless. "What was what?"

"You know... What did you call Atlas?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," I said, quickening my pace.

"Come on, Nat! I'm your twin! I deserve to know!" he whined, trying to catch up to me.

All I did was laugh. "Don't pry into my business, Luca."

"Fine," he sulked, a look of defeat on his face.

"And Luca..."

He hummed, indicating that he was listening.

"I forgive you," I said with a slight smile before running towards the car.

Before you come for me, the last few dinners he had been defending me against Dante and we also hung out a bit... I guess you could say we became closer over the span of 4 days...

"You—," he paused in his steps, a look of realisation crossing his face. "I love you Natalia!" he shouted as he chased after me.

And again, all I did was laugh.

Maybe, just maybe, things were starting to look up despite the incoming storm.

ᡣ𐭩

"Your favourite pair of twins are back!" Luca shouted as soon we stepped into the house. What we didn't realise were the multiple pair of eyes staring at us from the living room.

"Luca... There's people," I pointed out as I noticed the guests.

"What— Oh hi my dear uncles, aunties and cousins. Don't forget my nonna and nonno!" Luca grinned, unfazed by the presence of our extended family.

Me on the other hand... I was just fidgeting.

"Talia, come here and introduce yourself," Andreas beckoned me over.

I slowly walked over, dreading for what's to come. I looked at Andreas and he looked at me encouragingly.

Listen, I'm not a pussy but this just scares me.

Silence. Well that's awkward.

"Hi dear! I'm Serena, your auntie!" a lady with blonde locks came over and hugged me. I tensed. Physical contact is not my forte.

"I'm your uncle, also Serena's wife, Gabriele. Your father was my brother," he had a beard. That's all I noticed.

"Alessandro, 24. I'm the oldest," a man who bore a striking resemblance to Andreas greeted.