twelve

ᡣ𐭩

I was jolted awake by the sound of my phone ringing, Athena still snoring soundly beside me.

"What!" I snapped, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Rise and shine!" Apollo chirped through the call before abruptly hanging up. The f*cking audacity of this guy.

I looked through my notifications realising I had various texts from different brothers.

Emilio kept asking me where I was.

Andreas apologised and told me to stay safe, saying I can go back when I'm ready.

Dante and Silas were just apologising. F*ck those two.

Oh, Maya texted me too. Apparently, the Irish attacked her and she needs me to ask my brothers for help. Matteo can ask my brothers but she said how they are more likely to listen to me. But they don't know that I know about the Mafia so what do I even do?

I turned to Athena before shaking her, "Wake up. We have some shit to do."

She kept snoring. What the hell is wrong with the Herod family?

I reluctantly dragged myself out of bed, forcing myself to get ready for another tiring day.

I decided to dress casual today. A pair of jeans and a windbreaker to top it off. I looked myself in the mirror, admiring my appearance. I looked good, if you minus the scars.

As soon as I stepped out of my room, I bumped into a wall. It wasn't.

"Watch where you're going, Natalia," Atlas chuckled, a smug look on his face.

I had to look up considering the fact that he was almost a head taller than me.

"Says the one that bumped into me," I grumbled.

He shrugged in response.

"Whatever," I replied, rolling my eyes before walking over to the kitchen where the rest was situated.

"This girl will be the death of me," Atlas muttered under his breath.

"Morning peasants," I greeted, taking a cup of coffee that was situated under the machine.

"That was mine!" Luca whined, making grabby hands.

I scrunched up my nose. "What are you? A baby?" I shot back playfully with slight disgust laced in my voice.

He flipped me off before continuing to eat his pancakes. Of course I returned the action.

"A plate of pancakes for you, majesty!" Apollo bowed dramatically, sliding me a plate as soon as I sat down beside Ivano.

"Thanks, Apollo."

"You good?" I asked Ivano, taking a bite.

He nodded. "I've never experienced this before," he admitted quietly.

"You have us now," I grinned.

He grinned back before starting an argument with Apollo about who is the better fighter. I could kick both of their asses without breaking a sweat.

"Where's Athena?" Luca asked, glancing around.

"Still snoring in the room," I replied just as she barged in with Atlas behind her. "Good morning my fellow friends! And siblings!"

I winced. "Too damn loud."

She smiled apologetically and at me. "Sorry!" I waved at her dismissively.