Chapter 1: A half-remembered dream

I felt like....hmm? hold on.

I feel?

Air rushed inside my lungs as I felt myself breathing, living, alive. Alive. I am alive? The feeling of outside sensations, feeling soft, so very soft blankets underneath me was unmistakable. Despite feeling, there was only darkness around me.

But I knew that it was on me, I was far too afraid to open my eyes.

Despite my best efforts, too many, far too many flashbacks invaded my thoughts, but the only thing that kept on repeating was the way I died. And Oh my god I died- before loosing consciousness, I felt how the weight of the truck crashed into me. Felt the impact rendering me breathless as it took the air away from my lungs.

Felt the panic first before the pain, heard my bones cracking, caving in, and thought 'isnt this a perfect representation of being hugged to death?' Only that I wasn't being hugged by a human, but by a metallic vehicle that crashed into me. I had felt the pure desperation of trying to breath, but cannot, felt the disparity- but could only do nothing as my life flashed through my eyes.

And then nothing.

I wonder how my boss is feeling now that he's literally the main reason why I died.

As if not letting me have a single day-off in all 7 years of my service wasn't enough, he just had to kill me huh?

I told him that that mobilizing his own security company for every minor inconvenience he experienced wouldn't end well with with him. I meant for it as like a reprimand because he was far too spoiled for everyone's liking (including his own parents), I didn't actually mean that his actions would actually mean him commiting second hand murder????

I resisted the urge to sigh, even in this situation I can't even rest? Gods of all heavens above I'm already dead can't y'all give me a break???

'At least my anger towards that useless ex-boss of mine actually helped took some feelings off my chest, try experiencing dying for a change you asshole ...'

'somehow this makes me a sad ... and angry.'

"You need to open your eyes...." I can hear myself whisper, the recipient was of course to myself.

Then I paused.

"What the hell?.." I muttered again, my eyes still screwed shut, my own ego unwilling to open my eyes for myself. "Why's my voice?-" why's my voice different? was what I was about to ask aloud.

Unfamiliar, soft, strange.

Something's not adding up.

Then, my hands touched the soft duvet under me, and it was then I realized that I needed to get up now!

When I bolted up from where I was laying, the first thing I saw was the luxurious sight that was beheld in front of me. From the bed that I was on, unto the floor, to the collums of the room. From top to bottom, the room was something you would've expect straight from a castle. Luxurious, flamboyant, opulent, generality pleasing to the eyes, but ultimately blinding to the poor.

I visited a castle once on Italy Sicily, and twice in France, I tagged along in so many business trips that I've seen enough medieval architecture to know if a setting is medieval or not.

The room I was on was definitely something straight out a fantasy story book. Medieval, old, ancient, decked from top to bottom in luxury money can't buy.

My heart, which once stoped beating when I died. Pumped almost painfully against my chest. Reminding me once again that I'm alive, and what I was seeing right now was real, tangible, sensibly so.

I brought my hands to my eye level, and saw the hands of someone who never held a single broom in her entire life. It was unlike my hands which has been tempered from all the odd jobs I took on to pay my debts and to pay my education. Young, with no calluses.

This wasn't my hand.

When I riped the heavy duvet off my body, and my feet touched the carpeted floor, the large window to my left showed two, that's right two moons. And if that wasn't scary enough, I realized that I also grew shorter when I stood on the carpeted carpet after getting off the bed that I was on.

The painful thumping of my heart not only reminded me that I was alive- it also helped me remind myself to breath.

Because there was something seriously wrong.

As if by instincts, when I looked for a mirror my feet instantly led me to a mirror, a mirror that should've belonged to a museum.

When my gaze looked up to see the figure that was on the mirror, I expected my face looking up back at me. Not this.

The first thing that I noticed was the long strands of platinum hair that fell in soft waves reaching my waist, the second was the green, emerald, neon, glittering eyes that met mine. I was then reminded that this was a mirror, and this. This was my reflection.

The ethereal person that was looking at me, was me.

That was me.

But that body wasn't mine. Its not me.

The expression that reflected on that face was definitely mine but the memories-

Memories?

It was then a barrage of memories assaulted my head, rushing like a dam being broken, the instant input of information left my knees weak, I couldn't even register that I was falling- the only thing that I was registering that this memories weren't mine.

Not mine, the name Leticia Monique Valentina Medicci wasn't mine!

I didn't even know how I managed to pick myself up and walk straight towards the bed, but I did, I walked and found myself laying down on the soft duvet that was there when I

I'm sure my expression right couldn't be written down. Because that's sure as hell what I'm feeling right now.

I don't even know why I'm not hyperventilating right now, but surprisingly I was fine.

"Oh my god." I laid there contemplating the memories that was shoved inside my head- or , to be more precise the memories that was already inside this body that I occupied. "When I said justice for the villainess I didn't actually mean put me inside the villainess' body." I would've shed a tear or two by now because of how scared I am of my situation, but the aching of my head made me shed a tear or two faster than the main reason.

Maybe because I got influenced by the original personality of the body, or maybe reading all those transmigration novels finally caught up to me and that made me accept my fate more easily.

Whatever's the reason, I don't think I have the capacity to care anymore.

_____________________________________

[Note: :)]

-Scarlett