Chapter 10 : I don't know what's more tragic

Chapter 10 : Nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting something in it.

Anyways, the envelope on my hand never felt so tangible the moment I snapped my attention back to reality. The uncanny feeling swirled inside my stomach looking at the intricate invitation on my hand. So with hesitance, I opened the envelope and read the contents with pursed lips.

The envelope smelled like it was doused in perfume- it smelled so strong that it was almost pungent when I brought it up to my face. Thankfully, I didn't eat my meal before this or bile would've already climbed up my throat.

[To the little duchess of the house of Medicci. I would like to invite you to a simple tea gathering in the outskirts of the Blondeau; the villa under the Chisalés territory. With much anticipation, I, Veronica, second daughter of Marquis Chisalés, highly await your participation.]

The letter was basically an invitation to a tea party.

Tea parties, Leticia was used to. But not me, not Natalia.

Disappointed, but ultimately not surprised.

I sighed at the invite. "..How odd." I looked over the content and pinpointed the location, as well as the date of the tea party. And on the very end, the theme was highlighted pink.

The whole invite smelled like a conspiracy that my parents erected so that I wouldn't hole myself up in my room for the days to come. Knowing them, it's probably the case. I half expected them to pull something up, but I didn't know that it would be like this.

It was rather creative really.

The party was set 7 days from now. I also took note of the fact that the venue was also near, which was probably why the letter arrived within a day. It was inevitable, but I had to attend this party.

Because for one, it was better to start and clear Leticia's name sooner than later; while I still have time before the story starts. I have approximately around 2-3 years before I can safely assume that the story is going to proceed as planned by inkjabber.

That is of course if I don't fuck the storyline too much.

Better fuck around and find out then.

The invite is a great opportunity for me to start. The venue is also rather far from the capital, so I don't have to worry about the characters going to this party.

Right?

"..." But what if they were invited and chose to go anyways? If there was one thing those love-interests have in common, is that they are ridiculously unpredictable. And by that I mean that their personalities are so volatile that it's hard to categorize them as normal people.

I mean, if that hypothetically, maybe, if it can, happen I can just hide.

Hide with my identity as Leticia? Right, as if.

Unsure of of hypothesis, I pursed my lips. "I should just write this down..." I muttered to myself, sweeping away a strand of golden hair away from my eyes. I stood up and start to look about in my room. My memories leading me around like I truly knew where I was going.

Unlike other transmigrators that I know (AKA all the protagonist that I read from those novels back then), I didn't have a golden thigh that I could hug even if I wanted to. I wasn't unusually smart, and I obviously didn't have one of those systems or a guide that could lead me around.

The only thing that I got was my prior experience with the plot of the novel.

Being slapped in the face with the fact that I was going to die young after I opened my eyes certainly can't be good for my hair. Or my heart. Or life. Or in general.

"I found it." Briefly muttering to myself I saw a familiar looking notebook that I was sure that Leticia impulsively bought. I closed the drawer after pulling the notebook out.

The notebook itself didn't look like a notebook with how gaudy it is with all the gems imbedded on it. If not for Leticia's memories I would've thought that it was some decorative thing and not an item that was used to write words upon.

Judging how u touched the notebook was, it was safe to assume that Leticia probably brought it because she she thought the notebook was pretty.

I quirked my lips dusting off the cover of the notebook. Suddenly, I looked at Leticia's notebook in confusion.

Why was there dust on this notebook?

Dust shouldn't exist in a room with Leticia's status.

Slowly, I set the notebook on my bed, my bed that looked like it was the only thing that was touched in this whole room now that I think about it. I pursed my lips not liking how disconnected I felt towards my room.

I took note of all Leticia's belongings with my eyes, brows furrowing when I realized, that upon further inspection, how dusty her study table was. My room had an Oriel window overlooking a garden outside, but when I looked at the seat that was on the oriel window, that too was also dusty.

When I recalled all of Leticia's memories, I realized how little time Leticia actually spent inside her room.

It was almost eerie.

Eerie as in 'uncomfortable of the fact the Leticia lived her life like she was a ghost programmed only with one set of emotions.'

I walked closer to the study table, my hand reached out for the stack of books lined up neatly on her shelves looking a lot like decorative pieces of furniture rather than tomes of knowledge.

However, I could only flinch when my fingers quickly touched the dust that was coating these books. Unused. "This is so weird."I spoke aloud as I took the books out one by one, scanning each one and reading all the titles on it. Noting how all of the topics were random and how all of them looked like it wasn't even opened after purchase.

The book that I took just earlier when I pretended to read, was the only opened book on this room.