An act of kindness

I may or may not have tweaked with the story line abit.

This isn't a story of old. If you have suspected something like that i would advise you to search for another story in the deep darkness of the world. Here there is no hero in shining armor armed with sword and shield who slayes the evil dragon and saves the day. This is also not a story where the villain is in reality the hero and the knight in shining armor just someone scared of  the everchanging passage of time. No instead of a tale of noble heroes and spitefull villains this is a much more simple story. This is the story of how a simple act of kindness can save the world.

(The day Ruby Rose died)

"Come on sis we are almost there." said a eight year old Yang while pulling a red cart through the forest. In that little red cart layed a sleeping rose bud called Ruby Rose, the little sister of Yang Xiaolong. "Are we there yet?" said Ruby tired once Yang woke her up. "I have no idea." said Yang excited to find clues for Raven. Since Summer died her father just shut down. She thought that if Raven were to come back everything would be back to normal.

"Yang... what is that?" said the young Ruby with her eyes not fully acclimated to the dark of the forest only seeing red eyes while tirely rubbing her eyes. Yang turned around and saw a beowulf. The beowulf shouted at them causing Yang to scream and woke Ruby up fully. "Aaaaargh!" shouted the beowulf  while slashing with it's paw at Yang.

Yang flew back and hit the tree while realising that something heavy was on her legs. Dazed she touched her cheeke only to remove it in shock once she realised that it was wet. She looked at her hand and saw that it was blood red. "But my aura isn't broken." thought Yang as she saw a glowing shimmer around her body. Then she looked at the heavy thing on her legs and saw what it was.

"R.. Ru... Ruby." said Yang broken as she saw her bleeding little sister on her legs with four giant claw marks across her back. Apparently had Ruby jumped from the little cart her sister had dragged her on and took the hit by takling her away. "Ruby? Are you ok?" asked Yang. Ruby was silent except for her slowly weakening breathing. 

"Ruby. This isn't funny. Please talk to me." said Yang. The breathing was almost silent and only the beowulf was heared who was slowly making it's way towards them. With it's snarling the beowulf almost looked like it was smiling at the prospect of devouring them. 

"Ruby! Please i am sorry for bringing us here! Just talk to me!" shouted the little Yang in tears before she looked up and saw the blood covered claws of the beowulf. "Mammi? Help me. I know i have been a bad girl but please help. If not for me then for Ruby." said Yang in tears, while cradeling her sister who was steadily becoming paler and paler.

She was sad about her immpending doom, that much even she knew. What she was even sadder about was the fact that she pulled her sister into. Once the beowulf raised it's claws Yang did not dare to keep her eyes open. She then heared a gun shot and saw that the bear was getting pulverised.

"Go away from my nieces." said Qrow before putting away Harbringer and going to Ruby. "Yang! What have you done!?" shouted Qrow in shock before running towards them. "I... i... i... wanted to find my birth mom." said Yang while Qrow grabbed them both and ran as fast as he could. "Fire cracker. Do you have your scroll?" asked Qrow while pouring every once of aura he had into awakening Ruby's aura to keep her alive. "Y-y-yes." said Yang and pulled it out barely able to understand everything.

"Then call 911 and tell them this adress and what happened." said Qrow which Yang did while Rubys freshly awakened aura worked over time to keep from dying through and replacing the blood she lost under means possible. The initial boost her aura had from being awakened was already almost used up.