12

Recommend the song above while reading this chapter ⬆️

A U T H O R

Jungkook walked inside and recalled where Y/N went and what he heard after he couldn't see her again.

And depending on this thing, he eventually found out the secret underground.
.
.
.
His priority was the girl whom he met not even for a year, yet found himself drawn to her.

But as soon as he entered this place, his mind was playing games with him.

"No one is allowed here except the Queen, Choi Y/N, and the King, Jeon Jungkook."

He was in disbelief and looked at the names again.

It seems to be an ancient language.

'But how the fuck am I able to read it?! Did the school teach about these ancient languages?!'

Jungkook was astonished.

The hall was too quiet, so he clearly heard Y/N's crying and apologizing to her parents and some unknown oppa(s) and onnie(s).

So he stood outside.

He looked around and found a huge portrait.

The portrait showed nothing but a girl's back.

Then he saw another portrait, where he could see a little bit of that girl's side profile.

His heart was slowly beating faster because the girl in that portrait looked familiar to him.

He thought that he had lost his mind in front of Y/N but it wasn't until he saw the largest portrait hanging in the middle of the hallway.

A girl, wearing a royal dress and crown, looking straight made him feel like she was looking at him.

She had a gentle look on her face and a soft smile.

But the girl looked too similar to Y/N.

To be exact, it was Y/N.

He saw the name written in bold letters on the right side of the portrait.

"Queen, Choi Y/N."

He felt his throat dry up when some blurry picture flashed in his mind.

He held his head and groaned.

"It's getting blurry.
.....Memories crumble.
I know you.."

He mumbled which he himself couldn't understand.

"I don't know you!
I am falling apart!
I am lost!"

A girl's pleading voice came into his mind as he punched the wall beside him to regain his sanity back.

'Fuck!' He cursed and looked around and avoided that portrait.

It was purely a coincidence for him to find some torn pages at a place like this.

The pages were crumbled and were left in the corner of the flower pot.

It seems like this is an abandoned place and nobody found these.

He took it and looked at it.

He still couldn't understand how he could read these ancient texts.

But his mind was already reading them.

"It seems like the king has completely lost his mind after the queen committed suicide. But it was clearly the king's fault!"

"Another day, yet I am happy that I was assigned to work as a cleaner here! At least I am alone and that mad king won't kill me like he is doing to any random person!
I hope I will survive for a long time!"

"It seems like the butler has written all of these incidents of the Mad King Jeon and will send it to the nearby kingdom and ask for help! He has put it in the King's own study room so that the king won't find it. I think it is dangerous.....But......Finally, we will be free from this hell."

"It's bad Siyeon-ah! I think I can't send any of my letters to you! That king! He has ordered to kill every maid in this palace. I hope you will be able to read these letters through Haru. I love you."

Jungkook threw the letters away.

He didn't want to read it.

He now thinks that Y/N knows about this story.

Suddenly he got a ridiculous idea.

'I think..... Y/N knows this story. I think she has this particular reaction only for me because of this King's name. Since the queen's name is similar to hers and the king's name is similar to me, she thinks of me as an enemy?'

He groaned at his theory.

But other than this, there is no other explanation of her hatred towards him.

Now he only wants to find the story of this King Jungkook and Queen Y/N..

TO BE CONTINUED.......

[italic and underlined sentences are the somg lyrics from "Fatal Trouble" by Enhypen. I really loved this song!]