Chapter 10

Sorry for the mistakes. Happy reading!
______
Jungkook knows very well it will be useless to chase Taehyung. He knows nothing about him. How can he find him?

What if he doesn’t come back till night? Will he be safe? Where are you, Taehyung?

Jungkook goes back home with all the thoughts and guilts. He goes straight in his room and locks himself. He was at fault and that’s it. He can’t say whatever just out of jealousy. Yes, jealousy is the correct word to explain the mess up.

What a bad human I am! He’s already having an awful life and I made him feel like a burden maybe. What is a life without a family of its own? I even asked about his existence, his past about which he told me to stay away. I am a piece of shit.

He comes out of his room and goes to Taehyung’s room. After switching on the light, he looks at the room. There are some photos of his childhood, he takes one of the photo frames in his hand, where he is laughing and smiling. He then looked at the recent photos of Taehyung on the wall. The missing thing was the smile and happiness.

“Wasn’t mocking me and my life enough? You even came to my room to investigate? What do you think of me? Don’t you dare to touch my stuff. I am cutting all my strings with you. I am no longer a Jeon. I am Taehyung, only Taehyung.”

Taehyung snatches the photo frame from Jungkook and looks away, “Aunty has given me more than I deserve. She has tried to give an orphan a family. But I am a failure to her. I was only four when she brought me here. I don’t even remember my mom’s face correctly. I don’t know my last name either. About the neck piece, I don’t know what it symbolizes, I just know it holds my past. I don't know what it has to do with you. I am sorry for all these years. I have already requested a transfer from my office so that I can leave. This is my last request, please keep it a secret and let me move on. I don’t want to stick here. I want to know and discover myself. Let me just escape.”

“How can I let you go, Taehyung? I can ask you a thousand apologies, but I can’t let you go now after knowing all these.”

“Can you stop feeling pity for me for once? Leave me alone.” Taehyung shouts out loud. Jungkook knows it’s useless to talk now.

“Take a rest. We are leaving Pohang tomorrow.” With that Jungkook leaves the room and a broken Taehyung behind.

Taehyung opens a drawer and takes out a photo. A little boy with candy floss and a lady with him are playing joyously.

How can I call her mom when you forbid me? You were a little child too when I came here. Aunty gave me all her attention as I lost my mother just then. You shouted at me and told me not to call her MOM. You are always jealous, now and then. You can’t see me happy with others. Why is that, Jungkook? I always wanted you all to be happy. Then why can’t you see me happy? I will leave you all in no time, just give me some time.
______

On the dining table at night.

“So, Jae, you’re leaving tomorrow evening? You have grown a lot. You are going on a trip with your hyungs. I am so happy and scared too.” Mrs. Jeon now looks at Taehyung, “Tae, please take care of her. Where is Jungkook? He hasn’t come yet for dinner.”

“He is having a bad headache, mom. He’s skipping dinner tonight.”

At least give some valid excuse, Jungkook.

“Aunty, can I have my dinner in my room? I am so tired today.”

“Sure, son. Take a good rest.” Mrs. Jeon kisses Taehyung’s forehead and pats his head. Taehyung hugs her tightly in return.

Don’t make it all difficult for me, aunty.

“I. Smell. Favoritism.” Jae says dramatically.

Taehyung and Mrs. Jeon start laughing.
______

Taehyung comes up with his food and before entering his own room he stops for a while and looks at the closed door of Jungkook’s room. He decides to go inside to check him up once.

Should I knock? What if he is asleep?

Taehyung silently opens the door, the room is so dark. He slowly approaches the study table and switches on the study lamp. After placing the food on the table, he looks at Jungkook. He is struggling in the cold without a comforter. Taehyung takes the comforter from bed and tucked him well in his baggy bean.

He looks adorable while sleeping.

Taehyung comes towards the study table and takes out the sticky pad. He writes a message and sticks it beside the food.

Hyung, I am keeping the food here. You are sleeping peacefully; I don’t want to disturb you. If it gets cold, please manage. Otherwise you can heat it in the microwave. Don’t shout. Bye, good night :)

Hope the message sounds like Jae. I don’t want him to understand it’s me.

Taehyung slowly leaves Jungkook’s room and goes to his room to have some rest.
_____
After lunch, three of them get ready for the trip. Jungkook peeps in Jae’s room.

“Can I come in?”

“Sure, hyung.”

“You packed every necessary thing, right?” Jae nods with a smile.

“Office wear, casuals, medicines, laptops, id cards..”

“Hyung, I packed everything. Don’t worry. Can you go and check Tae up? Let me know if he needs something.”

“Sure. Also, thank you for the food yesterday. I heat it up in the microwave.”

“Huhh? What food?”

“You didn’t keep it??..Ohh!!”

“Sorry, get ready, fast, we will leave in 15 minutes.”

Jungkook leaves Jae’s room. Taehyung’s room is beside Jae’s. He stands there silently not knowing what to say. He slowly knocks the door and here a low ‘come in’.

“Are you ready? We will leave within 20 minutes.”

“Yeah, almost.”

Jungkook nods and stands there silently watching Taehyung struggling to adjust his belongings in his small trolley.

“You need help, Taehyung?”

“Not from you. Call Jae.”

“She’s getting ready. Let me help.”
Jungkook approaches Taehyung and Taehyung almost runs away from that side, as if it’s a reflex, as if it’s right to stay away from Jungkook. Jungkook notices it and lets out a sigh. He can’t do anything; he’s at fault, that’s why things are this bad.

“You overloaded your trolley. I can take some of your clothes in mine. I have space.”

Taehyung nods and lets Jungkook take some of his belongings with him.

Before going out, Jungkook repeats, “We’ll leave soon, please come downstairs if you are ready.”

Taehyung checks himself in the mirror once, then looks at the photo frame of his mom and bids goodbye silently. He takes his luggage and goes downstairs.
______
After meeting with the elder couple all the three were ready to leave. Jungkook takes the trolleys in the luggage compartment and gets in the driving seat. Jae is already sitting in the back and Taehyung is standing outside awkwardly.

“Tae, I have a meeting tomorrow morning so I have to sleep and also I have to prepare. Please take the passenger seat and give that coconut head some company.”

Taehyung nods and gets on the passenger seat.
______

I hope you liked it.

Thank you for reading.

Have a good day and a peaceful night.

~K