Chapter 17

Sorry for the mistakes. Happy reading!
______
The very next day, Taehyung is mentally prepared as he is going to meet ‘Lee’s today. From today onwards he has to stay home without a job, without the outside world, just capturing himself in his room.

A knock resonates in the room. After hearing a small ‘come in’ the figure comes in. Taehyung is sitting on the balcony with a book in his hand facing outside. A soft cinnamon scent fills the area and Taehyung closes his eyes in comfort.

But waiting for more than two or more minutes, the other doesn’t speak a word. Taehyung lets out a sigh.
“Jungkook, do you need anything?”

“How did you know it’s me?”

Taehyung gets up and walks towards the plants, outer side of the balcony.

“You are the only alpha who calmed me various times with his pheromones. Also, you know everything far better than me. Though I was not in my sense, but, of course I know your scent.”

Jungkook goes towards Taehyung and stands beside him. He places his hands hesitantly on Taehyung’s hand.

“I feel sorry for everything. I should have packed all the medications for you before the trip, I should have left you alone, I should have never touched you, I would be better if everything remained secret.”

“I am sorry, Jungkook. For me, you are regretting everything. But it’s my fate. Also, I wanted everyone to know about me, it’s so suffocating to live like this.” Taehyung tries to hide his glittery eyes, “I should have already discussed these with you. Thank you for everything. I don’t know what I should feel about those days, but still you helped me, I am grateful. I will leave you all behind someday. I am going to get married soon. Our lives will be different.”

Now he looks at Jungkook and puts his hands on Jungkook’s shoulders, “I want us to be happy. I am sorry if I was rude to you. Hope you will forgive me. Get a good life and help Jae to get a better life. I will look forward to you.”

Jungkook pulls Taehyung in a hug and starts whimpering, “Don’t get married to someone you don’t even know. Don’t ruin your life, Taehyung. I will help you to escape and I promise that. Don’t just get married now, please.”

Small sniffling sounds can be heard from Taehyung now.

“I can’t do this anymore, Jungkook. Let life go on. Let my fortune decide for me. I will be fine and happy, trust me and I promise you that.”

Jungkook knows he can’t stop him now. He can’t decide on his behalf. He hugs Taehyung tightly once and comforts him with his pheromones. Taehyung pulls out from the hug and smiles a little. Jungkook cups his cheeks and adds, “you promised me your happiness, Taehyung. If I ever get to know, you are not happy, I will not bother to listen to anyone. Then you have to let me do whatever I want.”

Taehyung nods and smiles a little. His eyelids were still wet with tears. Jungkook wipes his eyes gently.

“From now on, you have to follow your dreams and help Jae. She had a horrible life already.”

“I will keep her safe.”Jungkook finally steps back from Taehyung, “I am going to the office. Goodbye.”

With that, Jungkook rushes out of the room leaving Taehyung behind.
_______
“I have already heard everything from my parents, so no need to explain more. But tell me, wasn’t it disgusting holding a lie throughout the time?” Junwoo spits out looking at Taehyung in disgust.

Taehyung remains silent for a while.

“I want an answer, goddammit!”

Taehyung shivers in the sharp voice and the disgusting pheromone coming out from Junwoo.
“I had my reasons, Junwoo. You can say no to this marriage if you feel wrong about this.”