Chapter five.

(I had to switch from pov to pov because I wanted to capture emotions from both sides.) new story coming soon.

Simon's POV.

Despite my best efforts to convince myself otherwise, I couldn't shake the feelings I had for him. Even though I had talked myself into forgetting about him, he still had the power to make me feel things. And when he dared me, I realized that he could affect me without even trying.

As I touched my neck, I felt the lingering sensation of his kiss. It was a strange and unfamiliar feeling, one that I couldn't quite comprehend. His attention felt foreign to me, something I wasn't used to. But I tried not to get my hopes up, knowing that he had a history of doing something foolish.

While I was preparing food in the kitchen, I was interrupted by another servant who told me that Prince Evan specifically requested that I make his food. I was puzzled by his sudden interest in me, and it left me feeling both flattered and wary.

The situation felt so confusing and overwhelming. I felt like a pawn in someone else's game, being moved around at their whim. I hadn't asked for any of this, and it was all happening so fast. I tried to maintain my composure as I knocked on the door and entered Prince Evan's room. He sat on the couch, his posture regal and his features elegant. Even without trying, he looked effortlessly refined.

"I thought you were occupied," he said as I set down the tray and arranged the food. Before I could pull away, he took hold of my hand, his gaze fixed on mine. I was taken aback by the gesture, unsure of what to make of it. I was used to feeling a jolt of excitement when Melus would look at me, but with Prince Evan, I felt nothing. His gaze was kind, but there was no spark.

"Come sit here, next to me," he said as he released my hand, and I hesitantly took the seat beside him. If this had been Melus, I would have been terrified, but for some reason, with Prince Evan, I felt no fear. It was almost as if my body knew that he would not harm me. There was something different about him, a kindness that I had never experienced before.

"How's work?" he asked, his voice gentle and curious. "Are you tired?" He picked up his fork and began to eat, savoring each bite. "This is incredible!" he exclaimed, a look of genuine appreciation on his face. "I haven't had a meal this good in a long time."

"I've been cooking for most of my life," I replied, shrugging off the compliment. "It's just something I do." I tried to sound nonchalant, but deep down, I was pleased that he was enjoying the meal.

"Well, don't forget to rest sometimes." He said softy as he smiled.

"If my duties allow me, then I'll." I said, trying to keep my tone light and casual. "I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best." I watched him eat, noticing the way he savored each bite. I couldn't help but admire his appreciation for food, and for life itself.

As I watched Prince Evan enjoy his meal, the double doors in front of us suddenly swung open. Prince Melus standing there, his eyes fixed on me. The look on his face was one of confusion. As I made eye contact with him, I felt a shiver run down my spine. Then, Prince Evan rose from his chair, and my heart skipped a beat. "Prince Melus," he said, holding out his hand. I took it, trying to ignore the tension in the room. "If you don't mind, I'll take the tray from you," i said with a smile.

Melus's POV

My heart lurched. This was outrageous. He was finally in the palm of my hand, and I had him exactly where I wanted him. But I see I keep losing him to my Little brother for some reason. But I couldn't take the time to think about it, he didn't matter much. There were other matters that demanded my attention. I had to stay focused, no matter how tempting it was to just follow him and make him feel sorry for even daring to be close to my little brother. So I pushed all thoughts of him out of my mind and focused on the task at hand.