Chapter - 21

Under the moon's bright glow, the beach is adorned with twinkling lights, casting a magical ambiance. Yoongi stands with a light lamp behind him, capturing the picturesque scene with his camera. In the backdrop, a model sits gracefully on a set of stairs, accompanied by Bam, their silhouettes outlined against the luminous night sky. The atmosphere is serene, with the gentle sound of waves adding to the tranquility of the moment. Each click of Yoongi's camera immortalizes the beauty of the night, creating stunning images against the backdrop of the moonlit beach.

As Yoongi snaps photos of the foreign model with Bam sitting in front of her, he encourages her with compliments, "Beautiful, just one more." However, the model seems dissatisfied, prompting Yoongi to humorously refer to her as "my diva from Russia." He requests one more pose, but the moonlight seems to have distracted her.

With a sigh, she asks, "Where is Jungkook?" Yoongi, slightly annoyed, responds, "He must be somewhere with his 'gone guy.'" However, before he can coax her into another pose, she expresses her disappointment, insisting, "No, I won't. You are not Jungkook. Where is Jungkook?"

Frustrated, Yoongi retorts, "And you are not Bae Suzy." The model gasps, offended,

Jin intervenes with a teasing tone, "How insensitive," a grin playing on his lips.

Yoongi frowns in confusion at Jin's comment and responds, "Excuse me?"

Jin smiles mischievously and asks, "Did you forget about me?"

Yoongi then takes a closer look at Jin and a genuine smile spreads across his face as he exclaims, "Hey, Pomeranian!"

Jin chuckles at the nickname, and Yoongi continues, "How could I forget you?" Trying to lighten the mood, Yoongi jokes, "Speaking of forgetting reminds me of someone. Where's your brother?"

Talking about the said person, Taehyung walks along the beach with a pleased smile, his hand brushing over the soft fabric of his white shirt. He notices a group of foreigners singing by the bonfire and smiles at their joy before continuing on. As he walks, he spots Jungkook sitting alone at the shore with a camera stand beside him. Excitedly, Taehyung approaches him and takes a seat next to him, greeting him with a cheerful "Hi, dad."

Jungkook, who had been lost in thought, is startled by Taehyung's sudden presence. He looks at Taehyung, feeling a mix of emotions. Despite trying to keep his distance, Taehyung always seems to find his way back to him. Though feeling the need to express his gratitude, Jungkook says to Taehyung, "Thanks for what you did today. I can't fathom how I forgot her birthday."

Jungkook's expression is filled with guilt as he confesses, "I can't forgive myself." Taehyung lets out a sigh, his eyes reflecting empathy as he responds, "Jungkook, you know, six years ago, I met with an accident similar to yours."

Taehyung gazes out at the sea, lost in thought. "You forgot just an event of your life," he continues softly, "but I forgot a great deal." Despite the weight of his words, Taehyung wears a smile instead of sadness. "But I don't regret anything," he adds, his voice steady. "Because there are people who remember my memories in place of me." With a gentle smile directed at Jungkook, he concludes, "Just like I remembered Jieun's birthday in place of you."

Jungkook smiles gratefully at Taehyung's understanding words before returning his focus to the sea ahead, his attention fixed on the mesmerizing sight. Taehyung, noticing Jungkook's profound gaze, breaks the silence with a curious question, "Jungkook, what are you so profoundly staring at in the sea?"

Without averting his gaze, Jungkook responds, "Phytoplankton algae." Taehyung's interest is piqued by the familiar term, prompting Jungkook to elaborate, "Very rarely seen."