༺ Chapter 1 | Lost Butterfly ༻ T x K ❤︎

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 3rd Person ~
~ Tanjiro x Kanao ~
~ Academy Au ~
• . ♥︎ _________________ ♥︎ . •

It was now spring, the blossoms on the Cherry trees were now blooming once again and the sun's warm rays showered over Tokyo Japan, specifically Kimetsu Academy. Kanao Tsuyuri, a 2nd year student at the Academy sat at her desk. It was fourth period, she was in Science class at the moment. She wrote in her notebook, writing down her notes, but getting lost at the same time as she sketched down mini pictures of butterflies and flowers. Getting distracted from her studies. She looked up, seeing the back of Tanjiro's head. Tanjiro was a kind-hearted and intelligent boy that Kanao just so happened to be crushing on. He was kind, his personality as sweet as sugar. And she felt a sort of comfort around him, a comfort she had felt with nobody else, especially not a boy. She felt her cheeks heat up and turn a rosy red color. She looked back down, sweat beads clenching to her forehead. Suddenly, the bell rang, it seemed class was over already. it went by like a second. Kanao stood up, packing her supplies into her bag, till' she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned her head, only to see one of her best friends, Aoi Kanzaki. A girl with big blue eyes and black hair tied into pigtails with two blue butterfly hairpins keeping them in place. They had been best friends since their first year of high school and were so close that they saw each other as sisters.
"Hey Kanao! I was— wait, what happened to your butterfly hairpin?" Aoi suddenly pointed out, she pointed to Kanao's side ponytail. Kanao felt a confusion well up inside of her. "Eh? I put it in this morning?" she thought and lifted her hand to feel it, only to realize it was gone. That confused feeling faded away, now being replaced with fear. "I. I put it in this morning.." she said, her eyes widened. Aoi's eyebrows sunk sadly. "Oh no, did you lose it?" she asked with a frown. Kanao nodded, her mood saddening.

Tanjiro stood in the doorway, overhearing what the two girls were talking about. He suddenly felt a sad feeling well up inside of him. Neither Kanao nor Aoi knew this, but Tanjiro shared the same feelings for Kanao.. and at the moment, he was willing to help her as an act of love.

"I think so.." Kanao whispered. Aoi pat her on the shoulder. "Hey don't worry, I can help you look for it later!" "Really..?" "Mhm! I'll meet you by my locker after school. Bye, Kanao!" Aoi said with a wave and walked off to her next class. Kanao just sighed, feeling depressed, and turned away to go to her next class.

.

.

.

~ After School ~

Kanao walked through the empty halls of her school, she had already messaged her sisters, Kanae and Shinobu she'd be staying after school, but didn't tell them why or that she had lost her butterfly hairpin. Kanae had given her that hairpin, as a gift to show her she was welcome as a part of the family.. and she had lost it. She felt so guilty inside, she felt like a big balloon full of guilt which filled up in her belly, making her belly hurt. She groaned and walked to Aoi's locker, but Aoi wasn't there.