1x4 - Queen of Sparrows

Hey everybody!

It's been roughly 2 years since the last part. This series is a bit inconsistent but I'm trying to keep it on track now, my Yu-Gi-Oh phase has stirred up again!

So for the first time in a long time, welcome back to Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal: Rewrite! The series where we're gonna rework Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, keeping the same vibe and themes of the anime while rewriting one duel at a time. Before we begin, Let me talk about a few things.

1. I plan on making this series consistent, my love for Yu-Gi-Oh finally returned to me after all this time! So I don't wanna make this a one time thing, I'll try to release at least 1 Chapter of this series a month.

2. Custom episodes will be created! I'm gonna dabble in some Manga content, not only to increase Yutas Xyz Toolbox, but because I genuinely do want to show the connections between the anime and the manga. I won't be taking the plot of the manga, but just taking some duels and implementing it as best I can into this series. I'll also be taking some creative liberties with the duels from here on out, spicing them up a bit.

With those 2 main things out of the way, Let's get into what you all came here for.

In this episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal Rewrite, Yuma duels the Sparrow. This episode we get our first real glimpse at Yuma's idea of justice, believing that Nelson should live his life the way he wants, and not the way everybody else wants him to live. This duel is a simple one, adding another Number to Yuma's arsenal. It also gives us the popular "You just summoned your mom!" meme that the Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal fan base holds so closely. So, we'll get into it.

Our Goals for this duel is simple

1. Expand Upon Yuta's Deck
2. Add something a little more interesting to the duel

It's time for a duel!

(Turn 1 - Nelson Begins)

Yuta - 4000
Sparrow - 4000

Sparrow Draws, beginning his turn by summoning Beast-Warrior Puma in attack mode

Beast-Warrior Puma
(1600/1000)

He sets one card face-down, and passes his turn off to Yuta

(Turn 2 - Yuta)

Yuta - 4000
Sparrow - 4000

Yuta cracks his knuckles, drawing his first card of the duel

He thinks to himself of ways to bring Nelson back to his senses, but doesn't seem to have any luck off of the dome. He decides to start this duel off strong, summoning the Level 4 Spell Strider in attack position.

Spell Strider
Level 4
(1800/1000)

For a split second, Yuta wants to equip Spell Strider with the spell card Big Bang Shot so it can pack some extra punch, but he decides to save it for later, instead opting for an attack right away, with Spell Strider zooming forward to strike Beast-Warrior Puma.