1x7 - A Scorching Chill

In this episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal: Rewrite, we’re going over Yuta and Shark vs Scorch and Chills. This one is a tag duel, where Yuma and Shark need to work together and build a better bond, having faith and trust in each other to duel. The duo have to do their best because the two duelists are actually cheating.

The Duel ends with Shark giving Yuma a spell, helping him make the winning play using Black Ray Lancer, having him win the duel. This duel is decently high stakes, and strengthens Yuta and Sharks relationship as the series goes on. Mentally Yuta will still be holding himself back, and especially with what's gonna happen next episode, that's gonna spiral into his confidence and his character arc later on in the series.

So without further ado, let's begin.

(Turn Order: Scorch -> Yuta -> Chills -> Shark)

(Turn 1 - Scorch)

Scorch - 4000
Chills - 4000
Yuta - 4000
Shark - 4000

Scorch draws, and places a monster in face down defense mode. He looks at Chills, who grins at him. Shark instantly picks up on what's going on, but won't say anything just yet. Holding himself back till he has more proof. Yuta is smarter than Yuma, but he doesn’t pick it up just like how Yuma didn’t. To him, it just seems like they have a strong bond, which is also what Astral thinks at this point in time.

Scorch sets 2 cards facedown, and ends his turn.

(Turn 2 - Yuta)

Scorch - 4000
Chills - 4000
Yuta - 4000
Shark - 4000

Yuta starts his turn and draws. He doesn’t want to do anything crazy, and still lacks a bit of pride in himself. He activates the spell card Graceful Charity, drawing 3 cards from his deck and then discarding 2.

Yuta draws, and looking at his entire hand, he discards the Backup Boost Trap Card, and Relinkuriboh. After this, he Summons Spell Strider from his hand.

Spell Strider
Level 4
(1800/600)

Yuta then sets 1 card facedown, and ends his turn

Yuta then sets 1 card facedown, and ends his turn. He would’ve tried to attack, but he assumed in a tag duel everybody needed to take a turn first.

(Turn 3 - Chills)

Scorch - 4000
Chills - 4000
Yuta - 4000
Shark - 4000

Chills draws for his turn, immediately summoning his Pompadour Blizzardon.

Pompadour Blizzardon
Level 4
1400/1400

He then simply sets 2 and passes. Smiling toward Scorch with an evil grin, he says the 2 boys have no idea what storms are gonna hit them. “Once this train gets going, it doesn’t stop!!” Scorch says they’re gonna wish they stayed in bed.

(Turn 4 - Shark)

Scorch - 4000
Chills - 4000
Yuta - 4000
Shark - 4000

Shark says they’re gonna wish they stayed out of the water, and draws from his deck. He slaps down Big Jaws into play.