1x6 - Revenge Of The Lancer

Welcome to this Chapter of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal: Rewrite!

In this episode, we're gonna be doing Yuma and Sharks Second Duel. This duel Yuma actually loses, making a misplay which costs him the entire duel. This duel is supposed to show Yuma's determination to help Shark, and show that even though he has Bumbers, he's not undefeatable. A loss is around any corner and he needs to prepare for that. Yuta is going to learn that too in this episode. Shark shows off his power by virtually being in control the entire duel.

Earlier in the episode, Caswell tries to press Yuta, telling him that he can't win duels without his Number cards which makes Yuta mad. Saying he won a duel a few days ago without a Number card! Along with that, he has a bunch of Non-Number Xyz Monsters he can win with!

"I've got Time Thief Redoer! Silent Slasher! And a bunch more! Don't underestimate me!" Yuta yells, to which Caswell just responds saying those are the ONLY Non-Number monsters he has, saying his deck relies on weak strategies and Numbers.

So during this duel, Yuta adamantly doesn't want to summon any Number monsters to prove he can win without them, meanwhile Shark wants to duel Yuta for the sole fact of proving he can beat the Number monsters. Yuta is having this duel with Shark to try to get him out of retirement and away from the back group of kids he's hanging out with.

Without further ado, We can begin the duel.

(Turn 1 - Yuta begins)
Yuta - 4000
Shark - 4000

Yuta draws for turn, looking at his hand and disappointed with the set of cards he received. We get a glimpse of his hand, which seem to be

Master's Diploman (Level 5 Monster)
Getsu Fuhma (Level 4 Monster)
Back to the Front(Trap Card)
Blackwing - Abrolhos The Megaquake (Level 7 Monster)
Cost Down (Spell Card)
Level Guider (Spell Card)

He's upset, this hand would've been perfect for going second... but he gives up and decides to just make it work. He already thought of a combo... but that depends on what Shark does. Yuta looks at Astral, who doesn't seem to be saying much, as Yuta requested to do this duel alone.

Yuta begins by activating Cost Down, and discarding Abrolhos The Megaquake. Which allows him to Normal Summon his main Deck Ace monster without any tributes, bringing out Master's Diploman.

Master's Diploman
Level 3
(2000/2000)

Tori and Bronk are proud, he finally starts using his old favorite card

Tori and Bronk are proud, he finally starts using his old favorite card. But Caswell doesn't stop doubting Yuta for a second, standing silent and waiting for his next move.

Yuta then sets Back to the front facedown, and ends his turn.

Yuta has 2 plans, which he cycles through in his head. If Diploman is destroyed, he can Back To The Front to throw it back out, summon Getsu Fuhma and then use Level Guider to make them both level 3. He'll summon Silent Slasher and then deal damage to Shark to Declare its effect. If Diploman isn't destroyed, he'll activate Back to the Front, Summon Abrolhos, then summon Fuhma, destroy itself to add an equip spell from the deck, equip Abrolhos with Dual Scabbard, and then beat down Sharks board to victory.