1x12 - Captain Corn

In this episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal Re:Write, We're gonna be covering some manga content, making it canon to the main story. In this episode, Yuta and all his friends head to the Corn Land amusement park, taking this chance to explore Heartland before the World Duel Carnival. This shows off the 3 Mascots of Heartland, Captain Corn, Thunder Spark, and Princess Cologne.

Yuta hates Corn, remembering stories his sister used to tell him about a Black Ship made of nothing but corn that used to abduct people. Astral asks him some questions about it, but the group eventually convinces Yuta to go to Corn Land. In Corn Land, his friends in the Super Secret Number Card investigation club. Flip says its rumored that Captain Corn and the other mascots all have Number cards, but the group uses this as an excuse to have fun. The group goes through a bunch of games, and their bond grows, having a lot of fun together in Corn Land, including Astral actually. They eventually head into the Nature Crooz, a roller coaster going through the mines.

When they enter the Nature Crooz, Yuta gets a special seat at the back of the roller coaster, as they call him the day's 4th special guest. He doesn't question it, getting in the Backseat. Astral seems a bit confused by this but keeps his thoughts to himself. The gang blast on the roller coaster, but eventually, Yuta doesn't realize it till Astral calls it out but the group is separated.

Yuta is on a roller coaster disconnected from his friends, as he goes down the track Solo. His friends go down the regular way, realizing he's gone and all jumping out of the coaster to go find their missing friend. Yuta meets Captain Corn, which scares him to see in person but he breaks past that fear. As Captain Corn reveals this is the 4th person that has appeared with a Number Card. Yuta is shocked, the rumors of kids going missing in this coaster was true, because Captain Corn is a Number Hunter. Corn Laughs at Yuta, putting his Number on the line in a duel. Yuta smirks, saying he's not losing.

The Arena changes like an open battlefield, in a Beach with birds flying in the sky and everything.

(Turn 1 - Captain Corn)

Captain Corn - 4000
Yuta - 4000

Captain Corn wastes no time, activating the field spell Corn Parade. The field becomes a Corn Field, in which Captain Corn cuts some of it down and laughs, saying they can't duel good in this stuff. Yuta sighs, feeling very uncomfortable surrounded by all this corn. Yuta looks over at Astral who seems to be hiding and playing in the Corn, and Yuta yells at him "Just admit you like theme parks damn it! Stop trying to be all mysterious!"

Captain Corn continues, summoning Cattycorn in attack mode.

Cattycorn
Level 4
1500 ATK/500 DEF

Captain Corn then sets 1 card facedown and ends his turn

(Turn 2 - Yuta)

Captain Corn - 4000
Yuta - 4000

Yuta draws, and activates the Pot Of Greed spell card. Drawing 2 cards from his deck. Yuta then Normal Summons Time Thief Winder.

Time Thief Winder
Level 4
1800 ATK/1300 DEF