Chapter 9

"Ang baba ko sa GenPsych!" Reklamo ni Chastiane. "Pero bumawi naman ako sa Botany! Thanks to Aea!" She added. Umiling ako at tumawa. "It was your own effort, Chast. It was all you," I replied. We were talking about our results in our exam.

"Si Aea ata highest sa lahat ng subject, ah? I heard she got a perfect score in Zoology and Chem," Liya said. I just smiled at them and they continued to tease me. "Ewan ko sa inyo," I replied. "Paano 'yun, Aea? Ritual reveal," Chast continued to tease.

"Tara na nga! Baka ma late pa tayo sa last class natin!" I said diverting our topic to another. I sometimes don't like it when someone's achievement is credited to me when all I did was helped. They did their part and it was theirs. But thanking me was okay with me though. 

Our last class was Human Anatomy and Physiology. Today, our prof just distributed our scores in the exam. I looked at my paper and saw that I got 60/60. I smiled and hid my paper. I can't help but to be proud of my own efforts. 

"So for AnaPhy, I can't help but to be proud of this student who got the highest score not only in this room but the whole second year students," Our Prof said making Riza and her friends squeeled. 

"Ano ba..." Riza said shyly. Sinuway niya ang kanyang mga kaibigan. "Si Riza na 'yan! 56/60 siya! Ang galing!" Her friend, Tera shouted. Umingay naman ang grupo nila habang tiningnan lang sila ng Prof namin. 

"I'm sorry, anak. But you guessed the wrong person," Our Prof said making them silent.

"Please clap for Ms. Chavez, she got the highest score overall! Keep up the good work, dear." She added. I smiled at everyone and sat on my chair again.  "And for Ms. Riza, congratulations for your score. Keep up the good work too," She added. 

When our class was dismissed, inaalo ng ibang blockmates namin si Riza. Habang nililigpit ko ang gamit namin ay lumapit na sa akin si Liya at Chastaine. "Ang galing talaga ng Aea namin! Dahil perfect ka, bibilhan ka ni Liya ng Choc-o ngayon! Bilisan mo na," Sabi ni Chast na siya namang dahilan para lumiwanag ang mukha ko. Yes! Choc-o!

"Hoy! Hati tayo," Ungot ni Liya kaya naman napatawa kami. Tumingin naman sa amin ang grupo ni Riza. They sent us glares so I looked away and pulled my friends out. 

We were now in a small department store since they were buying me my favorite drink. "Thank you, guys!" I said while hugging my 1 dozen Choc-o. They laughed at me and took a picture. 

When we were done, we said our good byes and went to out own lives. 

My classes ended quite well. Last night, Rye texted me that we should try the new cafe in Intramuros. I fixed myself for awhile and quickly took a jeep going to Intramuros. When I went down from the jeep, sakto naman na naghihintay si Rye doon. 

"Hi.." He welcomed me with a smile. Binati ko rin siya pabalik. Kinuha niya ang bag ko at naglakad na kami.

We walked to the cafe while he was also entertaining me with random things. Nang makarating kami doon ay nag-order kami kaagad at piniling umupo doon sa malayo na hindi gaano nakikita ng mga tao pero tanaw mo naman ang paglubog ng araw.

"Are you okay? You seem off today," He asked, his voice sounds worried. I nodded at him and smiled. "May problema ba, Rae?" He asked softly. I sighed and faced him.

"Wala naman, siguro pagod lang? Ikaw ba?" I told him. "Rae, hindi mo ba nililinisan ang bag mo?" He asked. It was so random so I couldn't help but be confused. "I clean it all the time! Except last week since it was our exams so I had no time," I said looking at the floor. He sighed and gave my bag to me.

"Linisan mo na ngayon," I accepted my bag and cleaned it though I was confused why am I cleaning my bag here. When I was cleaning my bag, I saw a little necklace with a small four leaf clover pendant. I looked at him with eyes full of questions.

"Rae, remember when I hid under your table because Capt was looking for me? I planned that. To get your attention. Every time you were near me, I honestly get scared on how my heart reacts whenever I see your eyes and on how my eyes softened when I hear you laugh. Rae, I've been admiring you since Senior High School," He chuckled lightly.

"I love how your eyes glistened when you talk about the things that you are passionate about. I love how your eyes sparkle when you buy your favorite Choc-o. But I also noticed the sadness in your eyes when the people you treasure the most is hurt. I noticed how you hold onto your necklace whenever you feel uncomfy and sad." He added. I was out of words, I honestly don't know what to say. He held my hand and caressed my thumb.

"I've been loving you from afar, Rae. I couldn't think I could still be in a distance when in fact I can always build my courage to say this to you. Dark days will continue to come without you, Rae. My ray of sunshine." He said while bitting his lips and was trying so hard to not let his tears fall. "I would like to court you first and if you think that I am deserving of your love, then I would gladly catch all of your love, baby." He added making me smile.

I hugged him immediately. We hugged each other for a couple of minutes when I decided to break the hug. I looked at him and squished his face. "I was really thinking that you had no plans for that, thank you for making it clear. Let's see each other more often, okay? I would love to be courted by someone who's very madaldal," I teased him making him pout. 

Sinuot niya sa akin ang bago kong necklace. Inalis ko na 'yung binili ko last time sa Japan. I held the four leaf clover pendant and held his hand. We looked at our view and admired the beautiful sunset. What a nice day to end.