Chapter 13

"But your friends are in Baguio?!" I was freaking out. How can this man right here, leave his friends in some place! "Elyu and Baguio is not that far, at alam naman nila, Rae." He replied, and held my hand. "But still! Promise me that you're going back tomorrow, okay? " I said. 

"Chill, baby." He laughed. I rolled my eyes at him. "Okay, I will. I will," He continued to laugh at me. I was just concerned, okay? Ayaw ko rin naman na pabayaan niya yung mga friends niya just because of me. Nagplano sila for that trip, it would be sad if he won't be there. 

We were sitting at the sand, watching the people enjoy the night. I got a call from Abi saying that we'll have dinner, and that I have to bring Rye with me. "I'll introduce you to them as my boyfriend, is it okay with you?" Tanong ko. It's important to have consent. "Sure, got no problem with that." He held my hand tighter. 

"Kinakabahan ka ba?" His face looks like he is. "Hindi, ah. Narinig ko kasi na dapat boto yung friends ng girlfriend mo sayo. Kung pasado ka sa kanila, pasado ka na sa lahat ng tao." He scratched his head a little, making me laugh so hard. "Where did you even get that?" My hand was now in my stomach. We were teasing each other when Abi called me saying that we're going to eat already. 

We were walking towards them now. I could hear their teases and screams. Then, I realized that Rye was holding my hand, I think that was the reason why they were going crazy. Umiling nalang ako at tumawa. "Ang bongga ng grand entrance! May bitbit na pogi!" Abi was smiling like crazy, while Ari was laughing. 

"Hi, Zion! Nandito ka pala? What a coincidence!" The both of them smiled and Rye immediately offered a hand shake. "Hi! Napadpad lang talaga ako dito," Rye laughed a bit, and placed his hand in my back, making my friends scream. Hinampas ko sila dahil ang nagiging maingay na naman sila at pinagtitinginan na kami ng tao. 

The dinner went well, the table was filled with laughs, teases, and joy. It was wholesome. After eating dinner, the four of us decided to have a campfire near the shore. I sat between Ari and Rye. 

"Never have I ever tayo!" Ari cheered with Abi's plan. "That's so lame!" I laughed but eventually I agreed to play. "Ganito ha, if you ever did then put one finger down. Basta! Gets niyo na 'yon, diba?" Abi said. "Okay, game!" Rye said. 

"Never have I ever got into a fight," Panimula ni Ari. Tumawa naman ako dahil nakasimangot na si Abi. "Abi? Ibaba mo na 'yan." Abi then put her finger down. She once got into a fight during 10th grade because she heard that her brother was being bullied for having big eyes. It was actually quite a show because she was fighting a 7th grade student. She was out of control that time, and really looked so scary. Since then, no one dared to bully her brother. 

Abi is actually a good sister. She loved her brother so much that if the world was ending, she'd rush to her brother and hug him. There was actually a time that she did not eat lunch because she was saving money for her brother's birthday gift. Her brother is also a good kid, although he is the total opposite of Abi. He's quiet and cold. He doesn't like to blend in the crowd, especially socializing. But, I must admit that they have good genes. Even though that me and Abi are really close since high school, I never saw him talked that much. Though Abi and her brother are close. 

"Oh sige, ako na next! Never have I ever kissed some random guy in a bar." Ari said, making them put their finger down and laughed. "For Zion, random girl." She added. Umiling naman si Zion. "I don't go to bars," Sabi niya. "Sinasabi mo lang yan dahil nandito si Aea, eh!" Abi laughed. "My mom doesn't like it when I go to places like that, and we're religious." Tumawa naman si Rye. I looked at him. He really is a good son. 

"Bagay nga kayo ni Aea, she's a Church girl." I laughed at them. We continued to play until we decided to go to sleep. Hinatid kami ni Rye sa accommodation namin , habang ako naman ay inaalala kung saan siya matutulog. As far as I know, fully booked na halos lahat ng hotels na malapit. Our room only has two beds. Pinagsama lang namin iyon para magkasya kami. 

"Girls, una na kayo. I'll catch up later," Tumango naman ang dalawa at humikab. They went up and I was alone with Rye now. "Let's go and find somewhere you can stay," I grabbed his hand and went to the car. "Don't worry, Rae. My Mom loves going to the beach so my Dad would often buy properties near the beach. I'm sorry I didn't offer you the place, my Mom is quite sensitive with it." He explained. "No worries!" I immediately said and shook my head. 

"I think it's 20 minutes away from here. Don't worry too much, I can handle this, okay? I'll call you if may problema," He said softly. I nodded and hugged him. "Call me when you get there," He chuckled and hugged me tighter. "Yes, boss!" He kissed my forehead and we said good nights to each other. 

Before going, he blinked the lights three times and went to their rest house. Nagulat ako ng bigla niyang binuksan ang bintana ng sasakyan. "Pumasok ka na, I'll go when you reach the door of the building," He shouted. I smiled at him and nodded. I blew a flying kiss and went to out room. 

Pagbukas ko sa pinto. Tulog na ang dalawa. I was moving slowly, afraid that they might wake up if I make a noise. Pumunta ako sa maliit na terrace at naghintay sa tawag ni Rye. After some time, my phone rang and saw his name. I answer it immediately. "Are you at the rest house?" Bungad ko sa kanya. "Yes, madam." He chuckled. I was relieved. I told him that I was in the terrace kasi tulog na ang mga kasama ko. 

"Rae, love? Pumasok ka na, madaming lamok sa labas. Hindi lang lamok, but also dangerous insects. Baka malamigan ka pa at magkasakit, go inside." BIlin niya. I smiled and said good night again. 

I slept with a smile on my face.