Dahamei's Quirk

You're the devil.

Shut up.

Why are you here?

Shut up.

You're lucky you're alive.

Shut. Up.

***

I sit in the corner of the room, wiping my face. I look at their dead bodies, pale and cold on the bed. I should...start from the beginning.

I am Akuma Damashire. My parents named me Akuma, meaning "demon" because that's what they thought I was.
That name echo's through my head. It never goes away. 

16 year old Akuma & 4 year old Dahamei.

"Fucking Akuma." She looks at me in disgust. My mother. "What are these grades?" She drops the papers in front of me. I hold back tears and pick up the papers. "Why is it that your sister has better grades than you? You're fucking older, dammit, can't you act like it?" She expects a response from me, but I don't respond. She slaps me. "Answer me." I look at her and suddenly feel Dahamei's eyes on me. You're watching, aren't you? 

"I-I can." She glares at me. "Now, get the hell out of my face before this gets any worse." I walk to my room, passing Dahamei. Her brown hair brushes my arm. She's always been perfect, but they don't treat her like she is. She watches me go to my room. I turn my head and look at her. "Come," I whisper.

She stands up and walks toward me. "It's time to sleep."

"When is Dad coming back?" I don't look at her in the eye and say, "Let's hope he doesn't." We get in the bed, snuggling close to each other. "Does your face hurt?" I shush her. "It isn't important." I hug her closely. "Just sleep. Mom and Dad aren't our concern. They should never be our concern."

How could you have been born to such a nasty family?  I kiss her head, and I learn she's finally asleep. 

****

"Damashire." The teacher calls me. I walk to him. I don't look at him in the eye as he says, "You shouldn't be having problems with these things, what is going on?" He crosses his arms. "Nothing," is all I can say. "Meet me after school."

"I'm not going to your fucking tutor lessons. They just," I look out the window, "never work for me."

****

"I'm back." I open the door and stop moving. I look around. It's peaceful and quiet. Something's...off.

"Onii-chan!" I see Dahamei run to me and notice her hands. "What's that on your hands?" They resemble blood, but I choose to ignore. "That isn't important! Look!" She smiles and pulls my hand toward upstairs, into Mom & Dad's bedroom. "Oh my god..." I mumble, staring at Mom & Dad.

They're dead. "S-Since they've hurt you so much, and me too, I thought that I should get rid of them."

"S-So that on your hands...?" I point. "Yes, yes! Their blood. Not mine, I'm fine." She jumps, up and down, happily. 

I didn't feel remorse for Mom & Dad. So I was lost. It was as if I was...happy that she did such a thing. "Onii-chan. Was what I did wrong?" She puts her hands behind her back, as if she was trying to hide her hands so I wouldn't see her wiping them on her back. I pick her up and kiss her head. "I don't know. But we need to leave." I get the blanket and cover them with it. 

"Where will we go?" She looks at me. I think in my head. "Musutafu. It'll be safe. That's where most heroes are, not here, in Wakayama. It's far, but we'll make it." She smiles. "I've never seen a hero before!" I walk out the room and go to our room. I wash her hands then place her on a bed. I open the closet but can't find any of her clothes. "Where the hell are you clothes?"

"Dad burnt them." Hearing that made me rage. "Why the hell would he fucking do that!?" I know I'm swearing near her, but I'm too upset to care. "Well, b-because I hit a kid in school. They took my doll, the one you made for me." She showed it to me, a few tears as if it was being pulled. "Well, what happened to the kid?" She looks at her bare feet. "His arm's broken. Are you upset?" I turn my head. "No. I will never be upset at you. Just wear this." I give her my hood but it's too big, extremely big.

"Yeah, that's not gonna work out..." She rubs my clothes onto her face. "It is fine!" I raise an eyebrow. "I'll get you new clothes." I go back to Mom and Dad's room and take their credit cards and cash. I stuff everything I need in my backpack, then pick her up. I go outside and go to my Dad's car and turn it on with his key. There's no car seat for her, so I tell her to sit on the backpack. 

I put her seatbelt on and go into the front seat and do the same for myself. "Do you know how to drive?" She asks. "A friend taught me." I turn the car on and drive.