Motel

"Dahamei...get up." She rubs her eyes. "Up," I repeat. She yawns. "Onii-chan...?" I nod. "That's me. C'mon. We did it."

****

Like always, I use the credit card to pay for the days we'll stay there. "Where are your parents? It isn't safe to be alone like this," she says. "They're busy. C'mon." I pick up Dahamei and before I leave I ask, "Do you have any clothes for her size?" 

"Uhm...unfortunately no. But there is a clothing store about five blocks west. Would you like a guide of the town?" She smiles as she hands me a brochure with a map in it. "Th-thank you," I say.  "Do you two need anything?" Hearing that, I know she has a small understanding of our situation. "No thanks."

****

"Woah," we say in unison. The lady said the room is small, but it's huge in our eyes. There's a closet with a safe in it. I don't think I'd need a safe for anything. I leave the closet and see Dahamei bouncing on the bed. "Woah! Woah! Haha!" I leave her alone. It's a bit rare to see her smile, so when she does smile there shouldn't be a reason to tell her to stop.

She looks up at me. "Onii-chan! You're smiling, hehe!" I blush and notice my smile. I quickly stop. "No, I'm not." I turn around and enter the bathroom.

I'm not really the guy to smile. I don't like smiling. You ask me to smile, I will ignore you. I think it's a sign of weakness. Especially when mom and dad hated to see us happy.

I splash my face with water and wipe my face. When I leave the bathroom, I'm suprised to see her cozy under the blanket. Makes sense, she was jumping on the bed.

Then I hear a knock at the door. "We're not expecting anyone so you can see your ass gone."
I hear another knock followed by a voice. "Mr...Damashire. This is the police. I suggest you respond by opening the door."

Shit.

I walk to it. "What is it?" I open the door and stare at them. "Where are your parents?"

"Busy."

"They're busy enough to forget about their children?"

"Always been that way."

"Where are they?"

"They told me they were busy and left."

"The woman told me you had a sister, may I see her?"

"She's asleep."

"Can I come in?"

"You have a permit, sir?" I bite my lip, staring at him to see if he truly does have a permit. "No."

"Then I don't think you can come in. Goodbye." I close the door in his face.

Him not having a permit only saved us.

'Bout an hour later, I woke Dahamei up. "C'mon. We have to go."

"But we just...got here." I pick up essential items and leave everything else. "A policeman came here today. I think he's gonna come back."

"So you're worried he'll take me...?" She kicks her legs back and forth, making me realize she's fully awake. "Of course I'm worried if he takes you. I love you." I only stare at her because I'm surprised I said that. I'm not into love and that...that crap. Things are...changing...

****

"Hello...where are you two going? Ah!" I squeeze her neck. "When the police officer comes back, you will not tell him that we left. We were never here. I and she do not exist. Or I will come back and kill you, do you understand?" She nods, bits of tears dripping down her face. "And I swear, even if you quit, I will find you." I let her go and take my sister out the motel. 

On the run...again.