So We're Friends? Just Like That?

A few hours later, I decide to take his offer and drive over to his house. I can imagine him already there, but wasn't worried of it.

"Who's house is this?" Dahamei points to the house I stopped at. "Uhm..." What's his name? "I can't remember." The front door was locked. So was the back door. I saw a window, so climbed up it. "Onii-chan." 

"J-Just wait for me. Okay? I need to see if it's safe." When I climb up enough I try opening the window. When I do open it, I'm met with Aizawa. We stare at each other for a bit. "Hi," He says. "Hold on." I climb back down and get Dahamei. 

Time SkiPp

"Are you guys homeless?" I look at him, hold in a bit of laughter, "Y-You could say that." I stroke Dahamei's head as he talks to me. "Do you guys have parents? I can call them—,"

"They're dead." Aizawa hops off that subject. "Y'know, you guys look a lot like the kids on the news."

I stop stroking her hair. "So there's news of us?" I lean back. "What did you guys do?" He asks. "Depends. You gonna tell anyone?" I look at him in the eye. "I won't."

So I start explaining from the beginning. From the death to our parents, to what our quirks are, and to other multiple deaths that I found myself...doing. 

You should stop.

He doesn't flinch with a word a say. "The authorities are gonna come sooner or later, Damashire." 

"I know, I know." I rub my face. "Still thinking on what—on what to next." As my adrenaline goes away, so does my ability to stay up. "You should sleep," he tells me, as if that wasn't obvious already. "I realized that...dumbass." Aizawa chuckles. "You can have this room." I look at him and say, "Then where will you sleep?"

"Don't worry about it, seriously. " He stands up and heads for the door. "There's a fridge downstairs, if you're hungry." Then he leaves.

****

"Hi, mom." Chords. Chords connected to different fluids. Aizawa checks if they're full enough so he doesn't need to replace one. He checks if the oxygen mask as a hole. It doesn't. He also checks if she's breathing. Then he lays next to her. He imagines her asking how his day went, how he's feeling. How she's feeling.

He tries not to cry, but it's hard.