seven

(A/N: Don't be scared of this one, it's not going to take the turn you think lol (it's for the plot). This is a Lukas fic after all, and I promise he will be in the upcoming chaps.)

EVIE NGUYEN liked to play hard to get. She knew she was hot, so, she had no issue with messing with people's feelings to get what she wanted. All her life, she was so closely guarded by her parents that she became a master of sneaking around - she knew the signs, and how to hide them. Her best friend, Maddie, was quite literally the opposite. She didn't like to avoid conflict, she preferred to commit to something and shoot for it. Evie tried to be more like her, but she always returned to her roots.

Evie toyed with the hair on the nape of Trevor's neck as he pulled her onto his lap. The car windows were fogging up as they made out, hands roaming wherever they could find skin. Her hands eventually trailed to find his belt buckle, fumbling with it while trying to get it undone.

Trevor placed his hand over hers, grinning through their kisses, "Hold on," He said, moving her hand out of the way.

Evie cocked her head to the side, "Are we not going to have sex?" She said, her confusion evident.

Trevor's eyes widened. "We still can," He stuttered, his hands sliding down her thighs, "I just thought we could do something else tonight."

It was after evening practice, and they were in Trevor's car in the player lot of Honda Center. This was usually their routine, Evie would make an excuse to come to Trevor's game or practice, bore herself out of her mind watching it, and then go hook up with him in his car.

"Do what?" She mumbled, her lips on Trevor's neck again.

Trevor's hands trailed up Evie's back, his touch sending shivers down her spine as he replied,"I thought maybe we could just talk for once. You know, get to know each other a little better."

Evie pulled back slightly, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Talk?" she repeated, as if the word itself was foreign to her. "What's there to talk about?"

Trevor sighed, running a hand through his hair as he tried to find the right words. "I don't know, Evie," he admitted, his voice tinged with frustration. "It just feels like every time we're together, it's all physical."

Evie leaned back, her eyes fixed on Trevor's. "Do you not like that? Because-"

Trevor interrupted Evie before she could finish her sentence. "No, no, it's not that I don't like it," he said quickly, his voice softening as he looked into her eyes. "I just... I want more than that. I want to actually connect with you, you know?"

Evie's eyes widened at his words. She was never good at commitment, and now that Trevor was asking for it her flight response was ticking. "Look, Trevor, I-"

She was quickly interrupted by the buzzing of her phone, which was now her saviour.

Maddie: can u come over? now, it's important.

Evie's heart raced as she read Maddie's message, grateful for the interruption. She quickly pulled away from Trevor, a sense of relief washing over her as she fumbled to compose herself.

"Sorry, Trevor," she said, her voice tinged with urgency. "I have to go. Something came up."

Trevor's expression fell, disappointment flashing in his eyes as he watched Evie scramble to gather her things. "But what about us?" he asked.

Evie hesitated for a second, torn between a tough conversation with Trevor and her loyalty to Maddie. But in the end, there was no contest. "I'll call you later," she said, forcing a smile as she leaned in to give him a quick kiss. "I promise."