Don't leave - Sky Flahrety

A/N: hello fellow mello jello hello peeps (heh rhyming makes me happy)

this is a somewhat sad oneshot. here's a list of triggers:

TW: mentions of blood, car crashes, hospitals, potentially losing a loved one.

one other thing i should mention, this story kind of relies on a lovely quote made by Anthony Rosenthal. if you don't know, here it is "it's Sky the reason the sun shines!" okay, enjoy!

Thursday, March 20, 2027; Angie's POV:

This past week has been nothing but amazing. Sky proposed to me on Monday, which was also my birthday, and we celebrated with our friends on Tuesday. Today is Sky's birthday, and I have enlisted the help of Ben and Josh, to keep him out of the apartment as I set up the suprise party. 

*insert doorbell sfx here*

I went to open the door and...

"CHAZ! What are you doing here?" I embraced him, as he stood at the door.

"Just helping my baby sister set up a suprise party for her fiance."

"Alright, then lets get started, these streamers aren't going to hang themselves up!"

~~~~~

Ben's POV:

Alright. 

Mission "keep-sky-out-of-the-apartment" has commenced.

The time is 1500, and the coordinates are...

"BENJAMIN TYLER COOK!" Josh's voice rang through the air, interuppting my inner monolouge. 

"JOSHUA MICHEAL BURRAGE" I mocked him back.

"Alright guys, there's no need to be sarcastic with each other. We all know that's my thing." Sky interrupted our little banter. Wow, Angie really changed him for good. (😏)

We were all walking around New York, pointing out the different locations and theatres. As if we hadn't been living there for most of our lives.

Sky's POV:

Everything was amazing. Ben, Josh, and I we walking around the streets of New York. Even though I've lived here for some time with Angie, it feels so different to see New York from a newer perspective.

Ben and Josh walked behind me, talking about whatever those two talk about, as I walked in front, lost in my thoughts.

I was engaged to the love of my life. I was somehow able to afford rent in New York. I had the most amazing friends who were willing to hang out with me on my birthday. I had the most amazing fiance, who was expect-

Suddenly, I snapped back to reality as I heard my name.

"SKY!" Ben's voice rang out above the loud noises of New York.

I looked up, and saw a taxi heading in my direction. The last thing I saw was Josh holding Ben back from running into the streets.

Then everything went black.

~~~~~

Angie's POV:

We finally finished the decorations around 3:30. Newsies came in and out, helping here and there. Since the party wasn't till 4:00, I decided to update my Audition book, since my vocal range had expanded.

As I paged through the songs, headshots, and monolouges; I recieved a phone call from...

Josh?

"Hey Josh, what's up?" I was hoping that they were able to find something to keep Sky out of the apartment for just half an hour longer.