The darkest night will end and the sun will rise - Jojo de la Guerra

A/N: hehehehehehe, snuck some Les Mis in the title. also, Ben in that top pic 👌🏻

Jojo oneshot requested by FansieTribute!

okay, so i feel like i've been writing lots of darker oneshots. and let me tell you, this is no different.

sorry not sorry (bout what i said)

yea...

some possible triggers include: mentions of possibly loosing someone, fires, and sad jojo.

so enjoy, and don't forget to comment and vote!

Jojo's POV: July 21, 1900

"Izzy! Stay there, I'm coming for you!"

"No! Jojo, you need to go! You won't make it out!"

"Izzy, I can't leave you!"

"Josephino Jorgelino de la Guerra, you need to go! Now!"

"Izzy..."

"Jojo." Her eyes pleaded with me. "I'll be fine, JUST GO!"

The fire spread everywhere, as I ran. It surrounded me, until I ran out into the bright burning sun. Relief and guilt flowed through me. I was okay, but I left her.

I left the only person who cared about me inside a burning building.

I woke up in a puddle of something. Sweat? I assumed it was water, since Race was standing over me with an empty bucket.

"Youse good buddy?" Race's voice rang out through the quiet room.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be fine."

Just then, the morning bell rang. Jack came into the room.

"Alright everyone, you heard the bell. GET UP!"

Albert made a reach for Race's cigar, and at this point it was a repeating cycle that occured every morning. (cue Carrying the Banner)

Truth be told, I wasn't okay. The guilt ate at me everyday. Sure, we both were penniless orphans, but we were all we had. Until I left her behind.

All I could do now, was just hide behind my smile. After all, the brightest smiles hide the darkest pasts.

Izzy POV:

Finally. Today I get my freedom. Freedom from that nunnery. Ever since, the incident, I've been staying with the Nuns. It isn't the most prefered, but they nursed me back to health, and gave me food (not good food, but better than nothing).

Today, everything changed. I was free. I could go out of the nunnery wherever life would take me next. Today, I would find him.

Ever since the incident, I've been trying to find him. But it seems as if he has disappeared forever. Until the strike last year. I saw him in the paper, and knew that once I left, I would have to find him. I must've been absorbed in my thoughts, because I bumped into something. Somebody actually.

"Ack!" I looked up from my landing place on the ground, to see a cigar rolling by my feet.

"Well hello. Whats a pretty goil like youse doin out here all alone?" The boy grabbed his cigar and gazed into my eyes.

*slap*

"What was that for?!" The boy exclaimed.

"You sounded like a creep, so I slapped you." I shrugged his complaint off.

"Well, trust me I ain't no creep. My boyfriend would kill me." (snuck some sprace in hehe)

"Ah, okay." That was definetly not what I was expecting, but at least I know he wasn't actually hitting on me. He's just really flirtatious. Hopefully. "Hey, are you a newsie?"