The Marriage Pact pt.2

Part 2!!! Time skip brought to you by that one photo of Ben, Josh, and Sky performing the Schylur Sisters that nobody can seem to find the video to.

October 11, 2026: Proctors Theater, Schenectady NY

It's been 4 years since Sky and I made the marriage pact. We officially started dating on the Fourth of July, when Sky suprised me with dinner and a movie, since I hated the loudness of the fireworks. On New Years Eve, Sky gave me a promise ring, as a reminder of our marriage pact. But the way things are going, I don't know if we'll be waiting that long to get married.

Here's the ring if anyone was curious.

"Ben, Josh, where are you taking me?" I laughed

"Shush, just follow us."

"You guys blindfolded me, I can't see shit right now."

"Oh, yeah." They each took a hand as we walked together, with them leading the way.

"Alright, I'm gonna take off the blindfold now, a voice that I assumed was Josh said.

I opened my eyes to see the house of the Proctors Theater. The same theater that Newsies on Tour opened at. Nostalgia came flooding back to me, and then I noticed the trail of... paper flowers? I bent down to pick one up, and realized that they were made of posters from Newsies, Tuck Everlasting, Mean Girls, West Side Story, and Hadestown. All shows that I had been in.

I followed the trail to the stage, and found a note on the floor next to a bouqet of red carnations. They had become my favorite after joining Hadestown, and they seemed so beautiful to me. Being asymetrical, yet still holding itself to a status of perfection and delicacy.

I opened the note and started reading out loud.

"Hey Liz, it's me, your sunshine. Your probably wondering if I am behind all of this, and the answer is, yes. I am. I asked Ben and Josh to blindfold you and bring you here, I set up the paper flowers (which took a very long time to make), and I set up the stage. There is one other thing I did, but you'll need to give me something for it. Okay, now look up."

I looked up, to see Sky walking out from the wings of the stage. He was wearing a black suit, with his hair untamed.

"Hey Liz."

"Hey Sky."

"Liz, I have so much to say to you right now, but knowing you, your ADHD will kick in before I get to the important shit, so I'll shorten the speech for you. Liz, I love you with all my heart. You have motivated me in so many ways, and have proven time and time again just how badass you are. On this day, 12 years ago, in this very building, I opened the show that changed my life. I am forever grateful to Newsies for bringing us together. The past 4 years with you have been amazing, and I would love to spend the rest of my life with you."

Then he got down on one knee.

"Elizabeth Marie Faist, will you make me the happiest Newsie on the planet and become my wife?"