The Announcement

Evan stood up, the bus shaking as it came to a stop. He stumbled his way down the aisle and got off carelessly. His bag weighing him down from his A levels. The ground is wet with rain and the sky grey. He made his way down his lane. It starts to rain heavily forcing him to run home, bursting in the door and to his surprise everyone was in the living room.

"We have something to tell you Evan." His mother said

"We are going to Tenerife next Tuesday. All of us this time. Managed to make it work for everyone you will be happy to know"

Evan was overjoyed. He wondered why it had been kept such a secret but in this instance he did not care. They spoke about when and where they would be going and it was clear while it was a short and sweet holiday it would be spent poolside. Evan didn't care. He bolted to his room. Logging straight onto ASOS to look for clothes for his trip. Spending half an hour before ordering a couple shirts and shorts. The excitement felt unreal.

The next few days at school dragged. Every class felt 20 minutes longer. Every day feeling 20 hours longer. His friends distracted him of course but when his clothes arrived it sunk in. He packed a bag swiftly. Ensuring he packed shower gel, shampoo, chargers you name it. He had it. He packed a small carry on bag too. Inside a jumper, another charger, his AirPods and some other essentials. The day couldn't come quick enough for Evan and his family.

The flight, being at 7am, meant Evan was out of bed at 3:30am. The truth being he didn't go to bed. He just played siege with his friends all night. Not getting a single wink. He showered quickly and congregated in the hallway with his sisters and his parents. Their bags next to them as the began to load up the car before setting off in the direction of the airport.