Prologue 1.02

›My heart is pumping

›My heart is pumping. The cold air flows over my face. I can feel the ice crackling under my feet. I feel strong and happy.‹

🌒 🌓 🌔 🌕 🌖 🌗 🌘

On that day, when the sky was so unusually clear in winter, no one would have guessed that it was so cold outside. The sun's rays glistened on the frozen puddles and an icy breeze brushed through the bare branches of the trees. If only there was a pleasant breeze every day, Choi Beomgyu would be happy.

He was not a fan of the cold and avoided winter with its dreary white skies.

Even at the slightest sub-zero temperatures, he slipped into a thick, shiny black jacket that wrapped around his slender body. The fabric shone in the sunlight and reflected the wintry splendor around him. He wrapped himself in a thick, white scarf that covered not only his neck but also part of his face to protect himself from the biting cold.

Beomgyu wore two pairs of socks under his snow-white sneakers, which crunched softly on the frozen ground with every step. For a young man of 23, Beomgyu had broad shoulders but a petite body. His slender silhouette stood out clearly against the wintry backdrop. Tall and elegant, he moved through the cold surroundings while his slender fingers clutched the bag hanging from his shoulder. In this bag he carried not only the usual utensils, but also his sketches. A graphics tablet rested safely in the bag, a faithful companion from which he would probably never be able to tear himself away. The corners of the sketchbooks jutted out slightly, ready to do their duty. To keep his ears warm, the young Korean wore a white cap on his dark, fluffy hair. The cap fitted perfectly and emphasized his youthful appearance. It not only protected him from the cold, but also completed his wintry look, as if he was part of this frosty beauty himself.

And he was glad that he had opted for the cozy light blue sweater this morning, which not only gave him extra warmth, but also brought a touch of cheerfulness to the cold winter's day. The sweater nestled comfortably against his figure and the soft material felt like a hug against the icy cold.

His feet carried him over the smooth asphalt in quick strides; after all, he was in a hurry.

Beomgyu had promised his friend and work colleague Vernon Choi, a half-Korean with striking physical similarities to Leonardo DiCaprio, to pick him up at his current workplace. Vernon, who as always had a charming smile on his lips, worked at the same renowned graphic design company called 'ThePicturé'. The company was known for its creative vision and innovative graphic work. Beomgyu and Vernon had a special bond, not only through their work, but also through their shared passion for aesthetics and design.

He was due to shoot a commercial for a figure skating performance today and had asked Beomgyu to pick him up.

But as is so often the case, the graphic designer was late.

He entered the impressive building at a run and the large, oval ice rink stretched out before him like a shimmering mirror under the bright hall lights. The freezing cold of the hall enveloped him as he plunged into the world of figure skating. Even from a distance, young men and women could be seen bustling about with their camera equipment. A majestic drone hovered over the ice rink, ready to capture breathtaking footage from above. The arena itself was an impressive space, tinged with a sense of nostalgia. It had been a long time since Beomgyu had been here. Although he neither skated nor watched any figure skating performances, he circled the rink with respect for the art that had been created here. The black rubber floor beneath his sneakers cushioned his steps as he explored the icy arena.