Chapter 7.16

Yeonjun and Beomgyu wanted to cuddle up in bed together after the affair with the affinitatoos and the streamer had upset them emotionally

Yeonjun and Beomgyu wanted to cuddle up in bed together after the affair with the affinitatoos and the streamer had upset them emotionally. The figure skater hadn't even bothered to put on his sweatpants, but had fallen straight onto the mattress and waited for Beomgyu to join him in bed.

"I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to cuddle with you regularly again," Yeonjun grumbled and sighed contentedly, stretching out an arm so that his boyfriend could make himself comfortable next to him.

With a gentle smile, Beomgyu tied a bow on the sweatpants he had borrowed and switched off the light in the room because the bedside lamp was already on. "And me first," he said, because four years was a really long time and he had really missed cuddling. He put one knee on the mattress and finally slid over to Yeonjun and rested his head on his arm. He stroked Yeonjun's back in a half-hug before dropping into the mattress and looking up at the older man, where two dark, half-open cat eyes gazed back at him. "You look pretty tired."

Humming, Yeonjun pushed his head up and down to indicate a nod.

"I overexerted myself a bit during training because I had too much catching up to do," he explained his condition. "I'm sure I'll have sore muscles tomorrow, but the tournament starts next week and I'm not nearly as fit as I should be." Yeonjun spoke a lot, but in his tired state, he only mumbled the words. "Ahh, I don't know if I'll make it," the figure skater added whining and moved closer to Beomgyu to give him the security he needed.

Beomgyu immediately wrapped both arms around his friend's bare back when he felt Yeonjun's nose on his neck and began to nuzzle from the back of his neck downwards. "Of course you can do it. You still have time to practice, but try not to beat yourself up," he said softly in a soothing voice. "It's just been pretty chaotic lately, it's not your fault you've been practicing less than usual. Besides, I didn't really notice that you were out of shape the last few times."

"Because you've seen too many hearts," Yeonjun giggled and kissed Beomgyu's neck. "Still, I'm terribly nervous."

Pondering, Beomgyu let his fingers wander over his shoulder blades and continued to caress the soft skin. "Could be. Do you need a relaxing massage?" Because they knew this well from earlier times. Whenever they were facing a difficult exam or were tense about something else, a massage could work wonders.

Yeonjun immediately opened his eyes, which he had almost closed until just now. "Okay, now I can see hearts!" he laughed softly and captured Beomgyu's lips before releasing himself and automatically lying down on his stomach. "Auhjaaa!" he gurgled happily, pushing both hands under the pillow and pressing his cheek against it.

Laughing, Beomgyu raised himself up on his elbow. "It's great that you're as happy as a little boy over an ice cream," he laughed, pushing the blanket down a little further and looking at the large fern tattoo on the figure skater's shoulder blades with sparkling eyes. He dreamily traced the lines of each leaf as if he had completely forgotten what he actually wanted to do. And the gentle touches made the 27-year-old giggle softly.