Chapter 7.17

"Move over, Bombom," Seungwoo hastily ordered as he waved Beomgyu aside to sit on the sofa

"Move over, Bombom," Seungwoo hastily ordered as he waved Beomgyu aside to sit on the sofa. Yeonjun had actually gotten up to open the door for his buddy and he had stormed into the apartment, completely beside himself, with no regard for their privacy. Seungwoo grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, rubbing his knees several times, which only further indicated that he might blow up at any moment.

Yeonjun, who was a little confused by the situation at first, looked from his best friend to Beomgyu and finally to the TV. The black-haired man was captivated by the voice of a newsreader.

The speaker had this effect on all three people.

After all, he was talking about how the government was toying with the idea of only soul mates being allowed to marry each other.

Or have a relationship.

"This consideration comes from a desire to protect and promote the special bonds between soulmates. The government argues that this would improve the wellbeing of society as a whole, as soulmates have been shown to have more stable relationships. There is also discussion that this measure could promote the wellbeing of children growing up in stable and loving environments," the newsreader spoke, shocking the three teenagers.

"What?" came out of Beomgyu's mouth, who could hardly believe it. He didn't want to believe these absurd words, but felt his throat tighten.

Yeonjun pressed his lips together and his gaze fell on the back of his friend's head as he stared at the screen, transfixed. It all seemed like a bad joke. In all these years, the government had not interfered as much as it had this year, and the figure skater didn't care whether it was because of the elevated criminals. He himself had made his peace with this soulmate thing, had given up after four years of searching and wanted his own happiness. Especially since it would be an absolute lie if he claimed that he had lost his feelings for Beomgyu after all these years.

Choi Beomgyu was his first great love, their relationship had been perfect for him and they would probably never have broken up if it weren't for these affinitatoos.

With a troubled, sinking feeling in his stomach, he leaned forward and hugged Beomgyu from behind, wrapping his arms around his stomach.

Did he really have to end this relationship again?

"I wonder how they're going to make it work," Seungwoo murmured thoughtfully, without taking his eyes off the news on the TV. "It's not like the Earth isn't already overpopulated. How are they going to make sure that only soulmates are together?"

Beomgyu shook his head in agreement. "That won't work. The government can never get away with it. There would be more protests, murders and people would no longer feel comfortable. This world would be pure chaos!" His angry voice trembled and he leaned his head against Yeonjun's shoulder. His eyes were burning and despair was written all over his face.