Chapter 6.13

Wearing a blue-green knitted sweater, Beomgyu finally sat at his desk

Wearing a blue-green knitted sweater, Beomgyu finally sat at his desk. Every now and then he smelled the sleeves, which were a little too long for him, and had to hide the slight grin behind the fabric. He loved Yeonjun's sweater and felt particularly comfortable on this working day. After all, he had already started well by waking up next to the figure skater, being driven to work by him and luckily they hadn't run into Kyungsoo.

Beomgyu seemed to have changed and Vernon noticed this too, glancing at him from time to time.

"You look like you've spent the night in a spa hotel," the half-Korean said, blinking at Beomgyu. He was completely lost in his thoughts and only looked up when he thought about Vernon's sentence again.

"Maybe it was me," grinned Beomgyu, if this spa hotel was Yeonjun's small apartment. He actually felt relaxed, even though he hadn't had a massage.

Just a lot of love and tenderness.

"With full board."

"Like that?" Vernon questioned his colleague's words curiously. "This spa hotel wasn't called Choi Yeonjun, by any chance? You don't even have to deny it, my dear, I was still on the company premises when he picked you up."

Hypocritically, Beomgyu averted his eyes and looked out of the window. The sky was a clear blue and the sun was shining brightly. "Oh really? Thought you'd already left," he said, but didn't answer Vernon's question, instead typing back and forth on his screen. "Maybe I should leave another review."

The corners of Vernon's mouth twitched slightly at these words, but then provided an explanation as to why he had seen it. Not that Beomgyu would suspect that he was spying on him. "Sooyoung also picked me up from work. But unlike you, I wasn't brought here by her." His index finger also pointed at the outfit. "Or wear her clothes. Unless you just shrunk while bathing."

Beomgyu laughed out loud, then looked down at himself and felt the cozy fabric, which also had Yeonjun's perfume on it. "It would be really funny if you wore women's clothes," he laughed. But then Beomgyu's eyes widened in surprise: "She picked you up? Have you spontaneously become close now, or what?"

"She..." Vernon began, but fell completely silent.

Beomgyu looked at his colleague with a furrowed brow and asked: "She what?"

Vernon swallowed hard.

His eyes were fixed on the screen of his laptop and he didn't quite know what to say. How he should explain it, because secretly he wanted to talk to Beomgyu about it. But when he thought of his best friend Seungkwan, tears welled up in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Beomgyu now asked worriedly, because he saw Vernon's expression and had truly never seen him so dejected. He slid away from the screen and raised his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

"We kissed ..."

The graphic designer paused and blinked at Vernon, a little perplexed.

"Oh," Beomgyu said, surprised, because he knew she had a boyfriend who was also Vernon's best friend. "That, uh - ... did she break up with her boyfriend?"