Chapter 5.12

"Well, I think we still harmonize well in the kitchen," Yeonjun announced, stacking the used, empty dishes and pushing them aside to give Beomgyu a satisfied look

"Well, I think we still harmonize well in the kitchen," Yeonjun announced, stacking the used, empty dishes and pushing them aside to give Beomgyu a satisfied look. "Did you like it?" he also wanted to know, raising his eyebrows slightly as he was interested in whether Beomgyu's expectations had been met.

Beomgyu nodded in agreement and his smile was even brighter than usual. He shared Yeonjun's opinion of their cooking together. However, he reminded himself inwardly not to be too hasty in returning to cloud nine.

Beomgyu smiled enthusiastically and said, "It was great!" as he drummed his fingers on the surface of the table. The atmosphere in the apartment seemed to put him in a pleasant trance. He added: "Your cooking skills have really improved." Appreciation and goodwill were reflected in his gaze, and he couldn't help but enjoy the pleasant feelings the moment aroused in him.

Yeonjun leaned back in his chair with a smile. His eyes sparkled with satisfaction and a warm feeling flowed through him. He would have loved to grab Beomgyu, just to have him even closer to him. So he leaned forward again, stretched out his arm and stroked the younger man's prominent jaw with his thumb. A gentle smile graced his lips. "Without your help, it would only have been half as delicious," Yeonjun replied, unable to accept the fact that he was the only one receiving compliments. "Beomgyu," he added immediately and stood up with a jerk. "I had an idea."

Yeonjun went to the dresser, opened the top drawer and searched for something. There was a hint of curiosity in the air as Beomgyu watched him with wide eyes. Shortly afterwards, he ran his fingers over the spot Yeonjun had touched and cleared his throat slightly. "Oh oh," mumbled Beomgyu in surprise. "Are you pulling out a grenade now?"

"Am I not enough for you?" Yeonjun joked as he slumped down on the armchair. He held a black felt-tip pen in his hand and automatically reached for Beomgyu's left hand. There was a playful glint in his eyes as he continued, "I was thinking... if you agree to my idea." With deft fingers, Yeonjun pulled off the lid of the pen with his teeth and drew a small cross on the skin between his thumb and forefinger. The black felt-tip pen glided gently over Beomgyu's delicate skin, leaving a slight tingling sensation. He did the same to the side of himself under his right eye and then placed Beomgyu's hand on his cheek, placing the two crosses underneath each other. There was a hint of emotion in the air as their skin touched and the crosses acted like an invisible bond between them.

Beomgyu took a moment to look at the two symbols in turn, occasionally meeting Yeonjun's gaze, and felt a lump grow in his throat. The intimacy of that moment flashed through his mind as he touched Yeonjun's soft and warm skin. "But -" he stammered, "in your face?!"

On his pretty face?

Even though the idea was really fitting and the gesture heartwarming, Beomgyu found it unbelievable that Yeonjun would tattoo his face. The figure skater nodded slightly, worried that Beomgyu would pull his hand back if he moved too much.