thirty two. madstab

032

032.    madstab

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━  

FALLON ENTERED THE MUSIC STORE huddled in a group with her friends. She was absolutely buzzing to get tickets to see FatBoy Slim.

As they walked in line, there was a big cardboard cut off of him and Michelle raised her arms up, "Norman, we are not worthy to receive you. Only say the word and we shall be healed." 

"I didn't know you were a preacher now, Chel." Her girlfriend chuckled.

"What if they sell out?" Clare asked, fearful.

"They won't," Erin responded, confidently. "I asked my ma to light a candle."

Clare breathed out in relief as James began to speak, "Ah, I can't believe we're gonna see him play live. I mean, the man's a genius." He spoke in complete and utter awe of the man.

"He's a modern say Beethoven."

Fallon nodded, "Except good."

"I just love Halloween. It's the one night of the year that Protestants and Catholics set aside their political and religious differences and just come together-"

"And fight ghosts!" Orla interrupted Erin.

"Exactly." "No, Orla." Both Erin and Fallon answered at the same time.

"Halloween is class," Michelle beamed. "There's just something about fancy dress that turns an ordinary night out an absolute free-for-all, riding wise." She bumped Fallon's hip before making suggestive gestures right near James' face.

"Beautiful." James sarcastically spoke.

"You read my mind, James." Fallon smiled.

Clare turned around to her group, panicked, "We really need to decide on out costumes, girls. Time is ticking. Poundstrecher has already ran out of glitter."

"Fuck off!" Michelle exclaimed in shock.

"I was thinking of angels, you know, like Claire Danes in Romeo and Juliet." Erin told her idea, excitedly, to them.

"I like it. Simple, classic."

"And I can wear my white hot pants, which show just the right amount of arse cheek." Michelle grinned.

Fallon jumped, "Oh, I can wear that white dress I've been wanting to!"

"The one that goes up to your arse?" Michelle's eyes lit up.

"That's the one." Fallon winked.

"Oh, that's decided then." James spoke, a little disappointed.

Fallon nudged Clare, "Clare, See that girl." She nodded over to the girl at the counter.