7- Amara

The business class at St.Martins University began at 8am with a buzz of excitement. Eager students clad in professional attire filled the room as they all waited for the lecturer to arrive who also made it moments later and started sharing his knowledge.

I hadn't even talked to many people properly yet. I just chatted a little when it was unavoidable. Mimi was the only one I talked to for much more time since she sat right next to me in class.The other sit to my left was actually always left unoccupied. Mimi had told me that the sit was reserved for a student called Amara who had taken time off school to go for a vacation with her family.

As the clock struck 9am, Professor Albert, a Business professional with years of experience in the corporate world started sharing more knowledge on advanced topics in business. He was a confident man who commanded attention and the whole class was dead silent.

"Let us discuss more on the importance of strategic planning in Business." Professor Albert said, his voice authoritative yet engaging. All the students leaned in, hanging on his every word while furiously taking notes in their notebooks, eager to capture every detail. Even I, who was normally distracted by everything going on, found myself paying close attention. He paced back and forth infront of the black board as he wrote the important points on the board as he spoke.He was such an expert.

Professor Albert was still explaining when someone knocked on the door, he signalled for them to come in.

As soon as she walked in through the door, heads turned and my eyes caught sight of her.
This girl was unlike anyone I had ever seen before.Her hair was a cascade of dark luscious curls that danced with every step she made.Her skin was the color of rich mahogany that glowed under the beautiful African morning sun. And then I saw her eyes, oh my God, her eyes were precious gems sparkling . I couldn't get my eyes off her as she walked, she was undeniably beautiful, not this normal normal beauty but the kind of beauty that comes by once in a generation.
She was wearing a red t-shirt and black cargo pants that were a little loose but tight enough to reveal her curves and the way she moved made me really nervous.
And then it happened, this beautiful girl walked and sat in the empty sit to my left. I was soo nervous that I couldn't turn and greet her but I couldn't shake off the feeling that I needed to talk to her, to know her, to find out more about her.But how could I talk to someone this beautiful, I was soo scared.

As the class continued,I found it difficult to concentrate on anything other than this mysterious girl. I couldn't get her image out of my mind and I found myself stealing glances in her direction whenever I could and unfortunately for me, I think she caught me all the time.

Finally the class got done and Professor Albert walked out. I gathered my things trying to muster up the courage to talk to this hell of a beauty but before I could speak, the girl turned to me with a smile that made my heart race even faster. "Hi," she said, her voice soft and sweet. "I'm Amara. I haven't seen you in class before, Are you new here?"

I felt a surge of relief as I introduced myself to Amara and just before I could ask for her contact, other students stormed her seat and diverted her attention.

I left class with Mimi talking about Professor Albert's lecture before I asked her about Amara.
"So, I guess that's the Amara you told me about, right?" I asked
" Yes. She's back now, she's like the most popular student in class."Miriam said.
"Don't tell me your already crushing on her."Mimi teased.
"No," I was quick to deny." I was just asking"
"Hmmmmmm.It better be, half the school probably likes her so you were going to have some real competition"
"Anyway, there is a party at my place tonight, make sure you come." Mimi said hurriedly before she rushed to meet her other friends.