10.Better with the boys

I woke up feeling a mixture of confusion and guilt. The events of the previous night replayed in mind like a broken record.
I knew I had to talk to both Mimi and Amara to clear things up. But I was low key frightened of girls and conversations and lucky for me, today was a Saturday so I wouldn't have to see both of them until Monday.

It was a typical afternoon at the campus field where we gathered to play a friendly match between busines students and Health Science students . Allan, a guy I met at Miriam's party last night had told me about it together with a couple of guys I met there and told me to make sure i was there.

Football was my favorite sport and our science opponents weren't really that good. We led five nil at first half with myself scoring a goal and an assist.
As we took a break between the games, we talked about many things in the football world and in the end, the conversation turned to the age-old debate of who is a better player between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
One guy called Gareth on one side of the argument said that Messi's unparalleled dribbling skills , vision and play making abilities made him the greatest of all time. He also praised his natural talent and ability to make the game effortless and many seemed to agree with him.

On the other side, I couldn't allow them despise my Goat Ronaldo just like that so I argued pointing at his work ethic, physicality and goal scoring record that set him apart from Messi.
Another guy called Malinga added that Ronaldo had incredible athleticism and determination to continuously improve which simply made him the greatest of all time.

The debate raged on, with each boy presenting statistics and personal anecdotes to support their claims but with time, it became clear that neither side was willing to accept so there was no definitive answer to the Ronaldo Vs Messi debate. We all agreed to disagree and vowed to continue supporting our favorite players with unwavering loyalty.

As I walked off the field with the boys, I noticed Mimi among the small crowd that was watching our game. My heart sank as I realised that I couldn't avoid the conversation any longer. Taking a deep breath,I made my way over to where she was standing .

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Mimi, can we talk?" I asked, my voice filled with uncertainty.
She turned to look at me with a mixture of nervousness and anticipation.
"Sure Mike. What's on your mind?" She replied clearly trying to keep her composure.
I took a deep breath and after a small moment gathering my thoughts, I started to speak. " I want to apologise for what happened last night. I know things got out of hand and I never meant to lead you on."

Mimi's eyes filled with tears but she nodded understandingly. "You don't have to apologise. It was all my fault. I kissed you first. I'm sorry Mike. I really shouldn't have done that. I hope we can still be friends."

I smiled gratefully at her." Ofcourse we remain friends Mimi.You were my first friend at campus and am forever grateful for that."
I felt a wait lift off my shoulders as I hugged her tightly as we smiled cheekily at each other.

"Do you have any plans this evening," Mimi asked when I let go of her.

"Not really. Just gonna shower and sleep." I answered honestly.

" Sure. Text me your address. Am going to get some drinks and come over to your place. I want to know more about you." She said with her ever friendly face.

" What? Can't I just come to your place?" I asked afraid of her ever seeing my disorganised room.

"My parents are back. You would have to carry your coffin with you if you want to get in." She said laughing.
I laughed about it and hurried home to clean and organise my place.