23. Second kill

I woke up to the soft glow of the morning sun filtering through my curtains. As I stretched, I couldn't stop smiling  thinking about my upcoming date with Amara.  I quickly got ready, choosing my most stylish short-sleeve shirt and tailored shorts. As I headed out of  the door, my phone buzzed with a call from Amara.

“Hey, handsome! Where are you?” she asked playfully.

“I’m just about to head out! I can’t wait to see you Tiffany. Wait, can I call you Tiffany or Amara. ” I teased.
Amara laughed before she replied.
"Call me whatever you want, " she replied laughing

“I'll just call baby." I teased her. "What about you? Are you ready for our big day?”

“I’ve been ready since yesterday!” Amara laughed. “I’ve got a little surprise planned for us.”

“Oh really? Now you’ve got me curious,” I respond intrigued. “What is it?”

“You’ll see! Just hurry up,” she teased “And don’t forget to bring your appetite!”

"Alright, see you soon beautiful, Am on my way " I assured her.

"See you handsome. " She said before hanging up.

I couldn't help but smile as I thought about our date and what the surprise could be. I was just soo excited. I ordered a taxi and set off  to meet my girlfriend .

As I sat in the back of the taxi, I watched the sun spilling gently across  the horizon, painting the sky in hues of  soft pink and warm orange. The skyline now sparkled with life as the sunlight reflected off glass windows creating a dazzling display of  shimmering light.

As we drove down coastal road, I couldn't shake off a strange  feeling.
I was excited about the date but something didn't seem very fine.  Suddenly, police lights flashed behind us and asked the driver to pull over and  immediately, the taxi lurched to a stop.

Confused, I looked up to see the police car pull up alongside us. Two officers approached the vehicle, their expressions serious. Before I could register what was happening, they opened the door and pulled me out, handcuffing me in one swift motion.

“Mike Mugisha?” one officer demanded.

“Yes, but—” I stammered, still trying to process the situation.

“You’re under arrest for the murder of Mimi Namata,” the officer stated flatly, as if reading from a script.

The world around me blurred. Mimi? My best friend? The words echoed in my mind, each syllable crashing like a wave against my consciousness. I felt a cold wave of disbelief wash over me. “No, no! You’ve got it all wrong! Mimi is alive! I just saw her two days ago!”

“Save it for the station,” the officer replied curtly, leading me toward the police car.

As I was shoved into the back seat, my heart raced. Memories of Mimi flooded my mind, her infectious laughter, our late-night talks about dreams and fears, the way she always knew how to lift my spirits.
She couldn’t be dead. It didn’t make sense.
I felt utterly helpless as the car pulled away from the scene.

                       THE END .

Hello dear readers. Unfortunately,  we have come to the end our book.
I am soo thankful to all of you who took time to read my book and all my friends who encouraged me to write.
The good news is that we shall continue our story with another book that will be called.
THE WEIGHT OF MY SECOND KILL.
         ~The dead are not dead.~
For anything. Email :ansasiirevictor@gmail.com
       Thanks. soo much love  from Uganda.
              Till we start our next book
             ~Victor~